71 New Yorker. .Carter Carb?

That's an Edelbrock, which is a "copy" of the Carter. Your carb has the electric choke, the Carter in the first pic has the "manual" choke. Although, Manual is a misnomer since it is really a heat-spring operation; nothing really manual about it.

Also, the Eddy is an AVS, not an AFB. I would prefer an AFB but no one makes them any more.
Also sometimes refered to as a divorced chock ..thanks for the info

That's an Edelbrock, which is a "copy" of the Carter. Your carb has the electric choke, the Carter in the first pic has the "manual" choke. Although, Manual is a misnomer since it is really a heat-spring operation; nothing really manual about it. Also, the Eddy is an AVS, not an AFB. I would prefer an AFB but no one makes them any more.

Thanks...I could not see the divorced choke linkage in his pic. That Eddy was promptly relinquished to the prev owner and replaced with the original T-Quad.

Here ya go problem solved...he'll take your old carb as a core credit as well....:)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/381826806071

Looks funny with the gold paint. It says "baked enamel" but really looks like a Krylon job. Go for the gold package! lol

Absolutely amazing there are people out there now that never saw a cold start carbureted car on a cold day from behind.

2rwba1e.jpg

You won't get that if you make sure the spray can is empty before you shoot it. :elmer:

Back