71 New Yorker restoration finally complete

Would you be able to share what TTI system you purchased and used? As you know these New Yorkers didn’t come with duels so I’m guessing a generic system was used.. appreciate it.
Ummm, the 71 NY was available with the 440 TNT (see the gear ratios available with the TNT), so yes they were available with dual exhaust.

71_Chrysler_Specifications_0001.jpg

Ummm, the 71 NY was available with the 440 TNT (see the gear ratios available with the TNT), so yes they were available with dual exhaust.

View attachment 496323

View attachment 496323
Yeah, this car came with the 350 horsepower 440. I believe the modifications brought it up to and beyond TNT status, so I painted it orange put a dual snorkel breather and TNT pie tin on it. I know there are purists out there who would not approve but I like it.

The Y could also mean tortoise grain which I believe it has. I will take a close up of the roof and the tag tomorrow

A tortoise grain! That is sweeeet!! I was unaware that tortoise grain came in any colors aside from the brownish color I have seen a few pictures of.

Regardless, white or gold, that color really looks great with the walnut metallic !!!

Oh ok. It has the Boar's grain ( I believe) and in White.
Great compliment to itself!

Is the V7X the stripe that runs along the top body line?
It appears to be a light tan instead of black.

Would you be able to share what TTI system you purchased and used? As you know these New Yorkers didn’t come with duels so I’m guessing a generic system was used.. appreciate
TTi part number for exhaust is C25HWM6573. This part number is for exhaust system from headers back with mufflers. The part number to go from manifols back is C25MWM6573. Part number for headers is TTi-C6573-440178C4

The tie rod sleeves....is the finish parkerized or just an olive green paint? Nice detail.

View attachment 496577

That comment brings up an interesting question - just what suspension pieces were actually painted and which ones were left bare metal maybe with some cosmoline on them when they left the factory? I am pretty sure the lower control arms were not painted either.

Maybe this subject deserves its own thread............................

One other question for @TNT440 is how many miles are on your New Yorker?

That comment brings up an interesting question - just what suspension pieces were actually painted and which ones were left bare metal maybe with some cosmoline on them when they left the factory? I am pretty sure the lower control arms were not painted either.

Maybe this subject deserves its own thread............................

One other question for @TNT440 is how many miles are on your New Yorker?

Here are a few of pics of my original Imperial front end, lots of the parts were bare or cosmoline.

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

Few of the other parts underneath.
I installed the ball joint style sway bar end links. They make a difference, and looks like something the Imperial engineers might have come up with.

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

Beautiful car!!! If you want to trade for some USD $$$, let me know.

Which type headers did you use? Did they fit or did you need to modify them ?

Back