71 Sport Suburban EV2 - My latest purchase..

Wow that is totally kickass. What a machine. I am glad you saved it. It sure looks like a worthwhile project to get it roadworthy again.

Sold new in Canada, I am guessing it would have been a Western car. How long was it in Nevada?

Dave

Wow that is totally kickass. What a machine. I am glad you saved it. It sure looks like a worthwhile project to get it roadworthy again.

Sold new in Canada, I am guessing it would have been a Western car. How long was it in Nevada?

Dave
This wagon spent its whole life in Southern Saskatchewan. Thanks to @70 Sport Suburban for the lead. It has been in Nevada for about a week now. The guy who owned it was going to part it out so I managed to save it jut in time.

It is interesting that the seller felt this was a parts car. If you don't mind telling us, what did the whole car end up costing you including the drive train?

Manny really did you good, like he does everyone else including me!

It is interesting that the seller felt this was a parts car. If you don't mind telling us, what did the whole car end up costing you including the drive train?

Manny really did you good, like he does everyone else including me!
Everything was $2500. He gave me different options less some parts but I took it all at that price.

What does the dealer tag on the tailgate say?
IMG_4425.JPG

I still have the original dealer tag.

I find myself mesmerized by this wagon; after reflecting on it more, I believe it is the most significant find of 2021!

That dealer knew how to order a new vehicle. I think the only thing I would have done differently is order an am/fm stereo radio with cassette player instead of the am radio with cassette player.

The options included rear wiper/washer for the tail gate window, power windows, seat, door locks, speed control and tilt steering column and many more.

Both the 1971 and 72 Plymouth Sport Suburbans are among the best looking wagons ever IMO. The grilles in the Sport model 71 & 72 were among the best ever in a mopar C body.

What are your plans for the car, complete restoration or ????

Given that the wagon spent virtually its whole existence in Canada, there appears to be some corrosion in the lower rear of the front fender and quarter that we can see - is the underside in pretty good shape (stub frame, etc...........)? I am just trying to figure out why the relatively recent buyer ahead of you decided to part it?

How many miles show on the odometer??

Last edited:
Is the GT8 the inserts on the seats?
Tahitian walnut metallic

Last edited:
Cool. I see the one spot now. I couldn't find any in the pictures. Interesting change from EV2 to walnut metallic to T7.

I find myself mesmerized by this wagon; after reflecting on it more, I believe it is the most significant find of 2021!

That dealer knew how to order a new vehicle. I think the only thing I would have done differently is order an am/fm stereo radio with cassette player instead of the am radio with cassette player.

The options included rear wiper/washer for the tail gate window, power windows, seat, door locks, speed control and tilt steering column and many more.

Both the 1971 and 72 Plymouth Sport Suburbans are among the best looking wagons ever IMO. The grilles in the Sport model 71 & 72 were among the best ever in a mopar C body.

What are your plans for the car, complete restoration or ????

Given that the wagon spent virtually its whole existence in Canada, there appears to be some corrosion in the lower rear of the front fender and quarter that we can see - is the underside in pretty good shape (stub frame, etc...........)? I am just trying to figure out why the relatively recent buyer ahead of you decided to part it?

How many miles show on the odometer??

I plan on doing a full restoration on this. I am thinking about using Trev @Fury Pursuit but I have another car as well that I would like him to work on as well. I couldn't pass on this wagon since it was EV2. The sub-frame on this is in really good shape. Only a few small holes in the front pans. The rear quarters and lower fenders are a little rusted but overall the car is in pretty good shape having spent its life in Canada. The Previous owner has a 71 Polara wagon he was taking parts off for and he was going to sell the rest. That's why he was parting it out.

Back