72 Fury State Police car in Wyo. May be Ex Colo. State patrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not mine but found this on Denver craigslist. Looks like Cop suspension, Cop wheels, Cop tires, Cop speedo Etc........? for anyone interested. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3747385529.html Looks solid.
Of course they come out of the woodwork after you buy one, haha. This interior does not match mine though. I don't have a fold down arm rest or the more fancy door panels. Nice find.

Sure looks like the real thing (steering wheel etc..) again the VIN and data plaque will tell all.

Obviously the VIN should tell the story.... His wording sounds like it could not be

well, if it is, eng cannot be orig........had to be a 440, not a 383

i think he was making one out of a reg fury

Ooops, you're right what was I thinking.......

I've seen plenty of 71 383 police package cars.. I wasnt even thinking about the year.

Remember the movie "Dumb and Dumber"?

Jim Carey: "So what are my chances of dating you".
Chick: "One in a million".

Jim Carey: "YES! I still have a chance".
LOL. As mentioned earlier, if you read between the lines, it's a civilian car with cop parts. The interior is wrong, unless someone changed that as well. Carpet, door panels and front seat. No spot light or the hole also. But yes, there's still a chance.

Of course they come out of the woodwork after you buy one, haha. This interior does not match mine though. I don't have a fold down arm rest or the more fancy door panels. Nice find.

But is it the real thing?

From another Ford guy

LOL. As mentioned earlier, if you read between the lines, it's a civilian car with cop parts. The interior is wrong, unless someone changed that as well. Carpet, door panels and front seat. No spot light or the hole also. But yes, there's still a chance.

Sure it could be Bob

His glass is always half full, I wish I had that spirit. :)

Most of the Louisville Police dept cars had smaller v8 engines. Actually they only had (4) 440 Polaras for radar cars in the early 70's. The motor mounts broke routinely on them. A chain was improvised to prevent it from happening after a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back