For Sale '72 Fury Wagon, 408, Idaho, $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownbuick

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am NOT parting out or selling individual pieces, sorry.

My wife and I are thinking about selling our '72 Fury Custom Suburban. We moved to Seattle a year ago for her career, and the car is still stuck in Lewiston, Idaho, non-running. I probably have at least $8000 sunk into it at this point. Not many options, no third seat, no A/C or power anything, but it does have electronic ignition and a big trans cooler that I assume indicates a tow package. It has a fresh 408 built from a '72 360 core, Eagle crank and rods, big valves installed, Edelbrock cam and intake, with new Mopar aluminum valve covers and a new aluminum radiator. Engine was broken in at the machine shop after it was built, but never started since. The 727 transmission was rebuilt, and I put new aluminum wheels and tires on it (235 front, 255 rear). I have new upper and lower ball joints that I never had time to install, and also a ball joint socket for them. I pulled the fuel tank and it was decent with no holes, so I sealed it with POR15, painted the outside with silver Rust Bullet, installed a new reproduction sending unit, and put it back in. Unfortunately, I did not had time to finish hooking everything up and get it running before we moved, and now it's been sitting outside for about five years total. So, I can not guarantee the condition of the engine or transmission. I turned it a little by hand a year ago before I left and it felt fine, and I pulled a valve cover and it still looked nice and clean. Probably fine, but if it got any water in it, you might need to pull it apart and clean it up. If the engine and trans are okay, it still needs some little stuff to get going, like hooking up the wiring, re-building the brakes, installing an electric choke on the carb (included, new in package), etc. Windshield is broken, but I have another one for it that is a little worn, but not cracked or foggy. Body is decent, but needs attention. The spare tire well rusted at some point and someone cut the bottom off and threw a piece of plate in there. I think there is about a 4" hole in the rear center compartment floor, a small hole in the right rear door jamb, and a little rust in the usual spots in the lower quarters and bottom of front fenders. Otherwise, pretty solid body, not a lot of cowl rust and that kind of thing that I know of. Very dry and nice underneath. Has little dings here and there, and someone did some poor body work on the front fenders and edge of the hood. Interior isn't too bad, but headliner is gross and the front seat was re-done and is an odd shade of green. Clean title in my name. I only have one picture with me here in Seattle, from five years ago, when we pulled the broken 360 out of it. The car is much dirtier now from sitting around, but basically the same. Almost forgot, there is no door tag, so I assume the driver's door was changed. The title does match the VIN on the dash, and I lifted the rear hood seal a little to make sure it matches the VIN stamped on the cowl. So if your state gets funny about inspections, you might have to take the cowl seal loose to show it to them. Not crazy about selling it, but if someone wants it for $5000, we'll let it go.

furyswap.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be the first to say Good Luck With Sale.:rolleyes:
Yeah, I've sold several cars on here, and always gotten a bunch of crap about why I should give them away for free, or no C-body is worth more than $2500, blah, blah, blah. I really don't care, and don't need to sell it that badly. But a 408 just by itself isn't cheap. And I've also found that in with all the tire-kickers there's usually a couple of people who actually enjoy these cars and will pay fair prices for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back