Contact seller
A bit pricey: 1972 Chrysler Imperial | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

it is pricey even for european standards, that´s why it´s online for quite a long time..

1972 Chrysler Imperial Coupe, Erstbesitz

that´s the german link .. interesting exchange course. who would have thought that it would work this way as well
23.500 € -> 27.500$

Last edited:
It would probably be around the mark if these cars were valued like other mopars.

You'd also expect a shiny engine bay.

Looks a lovely car.
I couldn't agree with you more, Imperials are undervalued and generally overlooked, the positive side of that is one can get one of these great cars for not a lot of coin.

$27,500, and the A/C doesn't work. He should have had the local "genius" mechanic he uses fix that before he asks for that kind of money. The bid is up to $12,800. On the positive side , I think it's a beauty. The interior looks great and I like the colors. I think a lot of people are intimidated by the sheer size of these coupes, about 230 inches long. For me, the bigger, the better. That massive grill and turn signals really announce your arrival. Nothing better than cruising down the road looking out over that long hood.

$27,500, and the A/C doesn't work. He should have had the local "genius" mechanic he uses fix that before he asks for that kind of money. The bid is up to $12,800. On the positive side , I think it's a beauty. The interior looks great and I like the colors. I think a lot of people are intimidated by the sheer size of these coupes, about 230 inches long. For me, the bigger, the better. That massive grill and turn signals really announce your arrival. Nothing better than cruising down the road looking out over that long hood.
You're absolutely right...there's nothing like it driving these monsters...the closest thing for me is the similarity to cruising in my pontoon. The front end is endless and driving them is highly addictive.

At the current bid of $12,800 the car is probably fairly priced. Nice car but not worth the reserve in this condition. And then there is the matter of shipping it from Germany.

Dave

I bought mine for around $5000usd and so far another 2k I think. Fortunately there's not much to do - he says hopefully as the mechanics were going to pull the dash, so???

Should be here in Christchurch within 5 years depending on how long the mechanics take as "there's no hurry," saving lots of of $$$$ and shipping and inspection and registration and insurance could be around $9000nzd, but in the end I'll know the car is sorted. I agree with Doc, just amazing to drive.

saving lots of of $$$$ and shipping and inspection and registration and insurance could be around $9000nzd
I feel bad for you guys down there, that's just insane to have to pay that much for an imported OLD car! I get shipping is a large chunk, but that's too much.

I bought mine for around $5000usd and so far another 2k I think. Fortunately there's not much to do - he says hopefully as the mechanics were going to pull the dash, so???

Should be here in Christchurch within 5 years depending on how long the mechanics take as "there's no hurry," saving lots of of $$$$ and shipping and inspection and registration and insurance could be around $9000nzd, but in the end I'll know the car is sorted. I agree with Doc, just amazing to drive.
I guess until you drive one...there's no way to explain it with words...it's serious...i'm selling three nice Chebbies because they don't come close in enjoyment.

Yes, it is but I spent around $16,000aud shipping my aussie ford to/from the 2014 MCACN show.

I may sell and get a 1980 New Yorker instead but I'd be starting again with a mechanical check out.

No hurry either way, will consider later.

Yes, it is but I spent around $16,000aud shipping my aussie ford to/from the 2014 MCACN show.

I may sell and get a 1980 New Yorker instead but I'd be starting again with a mechanical check out.

No hurry either way, will consider later.
Think i'm gonna gold member 'bookmark' my first post.
:rofl:

Yes I miss mine looking at this one! Makes me want another! we all appreciate these grand land yauts Peter has his beautiful red 79 New Yorker that you saw in Waupun last fall and Im sure he would like to see it go to someone like you!

S1100006 (2).JPG

This is my last day of work! Im retired as of 4PM!! Now every day is the weekend filled with lots of car shows, projects and staying out of Kathys way!!

2018-05-19 08.26.05-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back