72 Polara WSP

Fender tag of DM41U2D224494 comes into focus at 7:43. Bunch of F codes, love the GY8 paint.

1690996858067.png

I believe this is the same car, 15 years earlier:

heres the #s for U code Polara Customs produced in 72 :
131 sedans, 137 2drs and 64 4dr hardtops
as far as Polaras go :
430 sedans and 5 2drs. no 4dr hardtops

and fwiw heres the 72 Monaco U code #s :
there were 503 Monaco 2drs and 143 sedans and 804 4dr hardtops

Should we presume these numbers are from the options and accessories reports ?

heres the #s for U code Polara Customs produced in 72 :
131 sedans, 137 2drs and 64 4dr hardtops
as far as Polaras go :
430 sedans and 5 2drs. no 4dr hardtops
Yes this is my car and video, thanks for posting! Owned this one since 2002 and first car I ever restored. Please subscribe to my channel, will have a lot more C-Body stuff coming.

@marko 131 sounds really low. WSP bought Polara customs with U-Codes and they bought more than 131 cars a year. Wonder if that number excludes fleet orders?

Yes this is my car and video, thanks for posting! Owned this one since 2002 and first car I ever restored. Please subscribe to my channel, will have a lot more C-Body stuff coming.

@marko 131 sounds really low. WSP bought Polara customs with U-Codes and they bought more than 131 cars a year. Wonder if that number excludes fleet orders?
those are the #s from the option and accessory sales reports which are the accurate totals.
perhaps some of WSP's cars were U code Polaras ? i dont have any more insight than that.
awesome car btw !

my bad - i wasnt clear, the #s i gave were for non K vin cars, and then there was the 3428 police U codes

Back