73 400

D

Deleted member 220

Motors out of my 1973 newport 103000 it had a knock

20181024_141758.jpg

Last edited:
So much for quick cheap rebuild looks like its off to the corner

Last edited by a moderator:
that motor will build , just needs a good rod , and all the rest of the replacement parts for the rebuild . what are you doing with it ?

that motor will build , just needs a good rod , and all the rest of the replacement parts for the rebuild . what are you doing with it ?
Not sure what im doing with it was going to rebuild it but because it the original motor to my car but dont want to deal with the chip and junk crank and dont have the money to make a 451 stroker

Not sure what im doing with it was going to rebuild it but because it the original motor to my car but dont want to deal with the chip and junk crank and dont have the money to make a 451 stroker

That crank can be turned down and reused. It will not cost that much to install one repair liner on the effected cylinder as you are going to need to re-bore this motor anyway to properly rebuild it. Of more potential concern is the damage to the reinforcing strut for the main bearing journal, there is a forge welding process that can repair that type of damage if your rebuilder deems it necessary.

Dave

That crank can be turned down and reused. It will not cost that much to install one repair liner on the effected cylinder as you are going to need to re-bore this motor anyway to properly rebuild it. Of more potential concern is the damage to the reinforcing strut for the main bearing journal, there is a forge welding process that can repair that type of damage if your rebuilder deems it necessary.

Dave
Good eye. Didnt even see that

20181024_192806.jpg

i believe a 383 crank shaft is the same as the 400 . and a 451 crank is just an stock ( 413 426 440 ) rb 3 3/4'' stroke crank with b sized mains

Back