`78 New Yorker "mint"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is beautiful! Sure doesn't look like it's got 80,000 miles on it. The steering wheel looks perfect.....no wear whatsoever. Only about 2500 of those Salon's made in 1978.

That's true.
As a kid all I ever got for Christmas was the burlap bag the coal came in...

That is beautiful! Sure doesn't look like it's got 80,000 miles on it. The steering wheel looks perfect.....no wear whatsoever. Only about 2500 of those Salon's made in 1978.
Small world the NYB community is.
I talked to a NYB friend and brought up the car. He said he knew the guy and is selling it because he got frustrated trying to find parts for the.....
are you ready for it?........
the windshield wiper system which doesn't work (amongst a few other items).
Gee, I wonder what member here can identify with that........ :thinker:

Last edited:
Don't drive in the rain, problem solved.

Hell, I figured that out! The neighbors can tell what kind of weather we are going to have just by seeing the car cover on my NYB. I (and every other NYB owner) need roof rail seals.

Wow, a "sea of gray" '70s Chrysler. Once again they were ahead of their time. Most people attribute those dark days in auto design to GM in the 1990s.

Small world the NYB community is.
I talked to a NYB friend and brought up the car. He said he knew the guy and is selling it because he got frustrated trying to find parts for the.....
are you ready for it?........
the windshield wiper system which doesn't work (amongst a few other items).
Gee, I wonder what member here can identify with that........ :thinker:

I've given up trying to find pn# 3799 183. I'm searching junk yards (after the hurricane) for a 74-77 wiper system and be done with it forever. That grey NYB Salon looks very nice!!!

I blew my once chance at a 8k mi. Salon with the tires taken off when new and put away in storage.
It went bye-bye to Europe :BangHead:

Why are you so far away from me?
I need help and you're way across the sea
I could never touch you - I think it would be wrong
I've got your letter
You've got my song

I've given up trying to find pn# 3799 183. I'm searching junk yards (after the hurricane) for a 74-77 wiper system and be done with it forever. That grey NYB Salon looks very nice!!!

I wonder why they changed it for the last year of production?

I wonder why they changed it for the last year of production?

I sure would like to know the answer to that too. It was never available as a single part number. Only available in a 5 piece kit that included the metal linkage arm from the wiper motor. Those kits are nonexistant also. 1979 Mopar wiper system changed also. Mopar only used that wiper cam on 1978 NY'ers and Newports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back