For Sale '78 NYB (in Red) on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not buying this one - beautiful exterior but the interior color combo turns my stomach :wideyed:

I don't know.... I'm liking that interior. It's different, and looks to be in excellent shape. If I didn't already have so many in my stable if be all over this one. Rare to see that color combo in a St. Regis package. Usually they were all that tan combo like in the brochure.

I had new lines made with the existing hose ends. Replaced the H-Block, receiver drier, all the O-rings with green ones, and the metal gaskets at the compressor. Vacuumed it down for 30 minutes and it held ...... and filled it with R134A and got 30 degrees at the center vent. I checked it 2 days ago and still getting 30 degrees at the center vent. I did have to replace the condenser last fall. I found a place in California that makes bolt in new ones.

That's the only way to ensure no leaks for sure. The condenser actually is where 2 of my cars had leaks.

I really like the red/white combo... There was one in ohio last year that was red/red 4 door... I liked it too, but it was too much red to want to live with.

I am looking forward to working on the twins. Its hard to stay on task with my other obligations right now, knowing they're here. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the parts hunt... but I will let you all know my results or ask for your insights when needed.

I did after hours of struggling. I removed the inner fenders twice on my previous NYB. This one defeated me and I took the shortcut. No more.

Pictures and a little tutorial on how you fabricated it.

Thanks in advance!

I had new lines made with the existing hose ends. Replaced the H-Block, receiver drier, all the O-rings with green ones, and the metal gaskets at the compressor. Vacuumed it down for 30 minutes and it held ...... and filled it with R134A and got 30 degrees at the center vent. I checked it 2 days ago and still getting 30 degrees at the center vent. I did have to replace the condenser last fall. I found a place in California that makes bolt in new ones.

Could I get the number / Website for the condenser please?. I want to do a system overhaul on mine and replace all the usual suspects, i.e Dryer, Hoses, Condenser. Compressor and Metering Block / valve were done in Aug 2015. She blew cold for about a day, then hot air.. Any other advice / direction you can provide wold be very helpful.

Thanks, John

I would replace the receiver/drier again.

The condensers are all the same for manual A/C Formal's.

This one will bolt right in...

Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------------
Royal Monaco: Dodge Royal P3333026 1 199.95
Monaco 1977-1977 A/C
Condenser

ACCondenserStore.com | Car & HD Truck AC Condensers | A/C Condenser

Monaco 1977-1977 A/C
Condenser

Perfect.. Thanks. You mentioned Manual A/C. I have the ATC II Auto Temp. Does that matter regarding the Condenser? or they all the same?

Monaco 1977-1977 A/C
Condenser

Looking at thier website, No listing for Cheryslers, Only Dodge.
trans_1x1.gif

trans_1x1.gif
bluebox.gif
redbox.gif
purplebox.gif
trans_1x1.gif
Monaco: Dodge Monaco 1975-1975 A/C Condenser $275.25
Part No : P33290; OEM : 3503243; DPI : 3329 ; 8cyl; 7.2L; 440c.i. Factory Unit, Until 5/75 P3329021 ...
In your experience / opinion, would this fit my 75 NYB 7.2L 440?

You know what kills that car for me? And I'm wondering if it's been discussed here before...

Body. Side. Moldings.

I'd rather have a door ding.

There are some C-bodies that look ok with BSMs. I didn't even mind them on my '74 Newport. But for some reason, that clunky utilitarian reminder of jerks who swing their doors wide just looks crummy on an upper-market model. Also hate that it means there are holes and stupid tabs under the moldings. If they were stick-on, it's an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back