For Sale 78 NYB Not for sale yet but soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

73 T&C

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Found this green NYB about a mile from my house. Looks to be fairly solid. I remember seeing it running about 10-15 years ago.

Knocked on the door to see if I could ask about it but nobody was home.

PM me if interested when I find out if it’s for sale.

ACD3D19B-502D-43E4-96D5-5D9CB78C5B18.jpeg

7C705551-52DD-4828-8C7A-E34548FC9A38.jpeg

ED4D9103-6280-44EB-8D70-C9645A933BB1.jpeg

Check city tax records for name of owner also county sheriff sales as I suspect maybe foreclosed property. If so call financial institution money is owed to. They would be listed on the legal document of the Sheriff sale. My county has the list as part of the sheriff department website. If you don't know the address now write down the ones for that city of Coral Gables then put the address in a google search and see if there is a "street side" picture and go from there. There is a lot you can do on your own.

Chrome looks nice. Too bad the Premium W23 wheel covers and the hood ornament weren't in better condition. Paint appears very faded.

What does the interior look like?

That's an appealing color, I Iike it. Would enjoy seeing someone here start a "new owner" thread and begin using it again.

Knocked on the door this afternoon. No answer. Dog barking. Left card.

Got a closer look at the car today... really dark tinted windows on it should have protected the interior. Passenger side rear door dog leg shows rust. Interior is velour and green. Looks in good shape and the rear seat top is covered in towels as is the dash. Vestiges of a car cover remain over the trunk. Someone was trying to protect it.

Tires and vinyl top are pretty much shot but rear window looks ok. Left front tire, besides being flat, is mounted on a non standard rim. Paint is pretty well cooked. Basicly, car has really got a bad case of the sits.

House looks to be in foreclosure or, at very least, severely in need of maintenance. Someone took the rolling trash out to the curb since yesterday so I’m thinking there is someone in there. Will do property search tonight. There’s a story here.

Last edited:
House looks to be in foreclosure or, at very least, severely in need of maintenance.

My experience with cars at those houses are usually "I'm going to fix it someday..." and the cars are not for sale, even though their house is falling in and they don't own a pot to piss in. Also the people tend to not be very friendly either. Good luck

My experience with cars at those houses are usually "I'm going to fix it someday..." and the cars are not for sale, even though their house is falling in and they don't own a pot to piss in. Also the people tend to not be very friendly either. Good luck
Yes.... I’ve been there many times. But sometimes......

And...

You’ll never know unless you ask.

I’ll go by tomorrow to see if card is where I left it.

Last edited:
I'd love to get my hands on a set of 4-5 of those premium wheel covers! Anybody have some to sell?

I'd love to get my hands on a set of 4-5 of those premium wheel covers! Anybody have some to sell?
DVAP had 4, 2 were in good condition 2 were getting ready to loose their chrome... I'd have bought the set for $80, but only 2 would have me trying to make a set out of them and I really don't know what I'd do with them.
thumbnail_20190126_090414-jpg.jpg

Heading to AZ in January

Hey Cantflip....those aren't Premium covers. Thanks anyway and let me if something comes up!

On the Premium Wheel cover the faux center cap has the Chrysler Ny'er emblem and its red, black, and chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back