NOT MINE 78 NYB St. Regis $3800 Fort Myers, FL

march

Reaction score
Just something I saw on Facebook. It must have been left outside.
1978 Chrysler New Yorker Other

Seller's Description:​

"Low mileage car with big 440 engine. Drives smooth with great pickup. I am in Lehigh Acres 33972. Please call or text me. My area code is 785. The next three are 307. Finally six one two three. Thank you for looking. Ron"
1695226954122.png
1695227091831.png
1695227112027.png
1695227164332.png

1695227068765.png

Detail inadequate to make a determination for me. Price ostensibly attractive/reasonable to me as an ask from inconclusive pics/little detail in ad.

I see nothing that would stop me from going a reasonable distance to look at it, after a seller discussion.

Seller indicates 30K original miles. Vehicle indicates possible to be that low, or could be 131K (unless that's 45 years of salt water scale on Gulf coast showing under the hood).

Think they had a weather event in area last year? Would wanna know if so. Humidity management as well in general given the geograpy.

I am not a player here, but IF I were I'd need eyes on/butt in seat on this one before a purchase decision.

Hope it finds a good home in any event.

1695230896151.png
1695230955953.png
1695230933930.png

I want to ride over and look at this car but I won't.
I really hope someone grabs this car.

I want @commando1 to get it:poke:
I want @commando1 to get it too but I heard @commando1 is permanently closed for business.
Available for consultation only.

I was going to say that Jeff @cantflip needs this car but I talked to him recently and he has his own health issues going on.

We're all getting old, guys.

Last edited:
Looks like some nastiness starting under passenger side roof trim. Still, it's a beauty.

I can't get this car out of my head.
The more I think about it, if it starts, runs, and stops, you can double your money with a lot of elbow grease and some DuPont #7.

Spoke with the Lister yesterday. His name is Ron, disabled vet who is selling the car for a friend. He’s only had the car in his possession about two weeks. States he cleaned it up and got it running after sitting for a while, the car is got typical issues as you would expect, and some that you wouldn’t. Like the sunroof, he states you can hear the motor running, but the sunroof doesn’t operate, my guess is a broken cable. I understand the sunroof cassettes are kind of bulletproof for the most part. So it’s odd that this one doesn’t open. Also, both windows do not operate. He states you can hear the motor running, but windows do not go up / down, after changing a few of these out, I’m guessing it’s the plastic gears that have gone bad.
As some of you may have noticed in the pictures, there is some rust coming from the passenger side, opera window and rear window, the Lister stated that the car was parked under a shed, and that part of the car was under a rain gutter downspout, which attributed to the rust, he states the rest is not through rust But bubbling surface. Says the vinyl too is a good condition. Car is also missing rocker panel molding, of which he says he has. Mostly original paint, he says the car has 35,000 miles on it, after talking to him and looking at the pictures, I’m thinking more 135.
The car has manual AC and Ron stated that the blower motor does work in all positions in the AC would work with a charge. The wiper cam is shot as you would expect on a 78.
He’s dropped the price to $3400, doesn’t seem to wanna budge below that. All that being said, I think it be worth saving at the right price, but would prefer eyes on to make a better determination.

Back