78 sunroof Newport ? ever seen 1 ?

78-149929-CL43T8C149929.jpg

Yet the car has some special items. A 440 cid engine, taken together with

J67 Tr/Tow Wiring Harness
N75 Auxiliary Oil Cooler

point to the Heavy-Duty Trailer-Assist Package.

The add-on sunroof and the cornering lights make this a luxury vacation boat.

I have had so many 73-78 Sea Bodies over the years, but none with a sunroof option. As cool as they are I have always refused to buy any vehicle with a sunroof. It is guaranteed to leak. I even purchased my newer Challenger R/T over 10 years ago without a sunroof.

As cool as they are I have always refused to buy any vehicle with a sunroof. It is guaranteed to leak.

The ASC sunroofs are a very good design. I doubt manufacturers would have had them installed if otherwise. As long as it's not left open, and the drain tubes are checked periodically, it shouldn't leak. A drain tube coming off wouldn't be good and could potentially happen. I've been in my '71 sunroof New Yorker in a torrential downpour and not a drop!

I have had so many 73-78 Sea Bodies over the years, but none with a sunroof option. As cool as they are I have always refused to buy any vehicle with a sunroof. It is guaranteed to leak. I even purchased my newer Challenger R/T over 10 years ago without a sunroof.
ive had 6 sunroof formals ( and other brand s/r cars) ; i live in the pacific north west which is considered a rain forest.
ive never had 1 with a leaky sun roof. most of these cars were not parked in garages.

ive had 6 sunroof formals ( and other brand s/r cars) ; i live in the pacific north west which is considered a rain forest.
ive never had 1 with a leaky sun roof. most of these cars were not parked in garages.

Sunroof always leak is an old wives tale

Back