78 wiper linkage - I've joined the club

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It looks like @HombreCalgarian hasn't been on since June. Click on his user name and you'll see that.

You guys might want to try messaging him and he might get a notification email.

Dobalovr

Being on the Cbody diet SUCKS!
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I reached out to him to join our little group but no response.

73 T&C

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Previous owner of my car cut off the offending part and replaced it with one from a Cordoba. Works great.

if you want see it go to my very long post.

Reaction score
Hey Hombre,
I know AutoCad. Would you consider sharing your drawing and I will turn it into a 3d drawing and post it here. I also have a 3D printer here in Kansas City that will make them for me. Not sure on the material, but they assured me it was tough enough for car parts. I will find out more details and post them here.
Hey,
For some reason I never got the updates to this post (or my spam filter went berserk) and missed you message. My apologies. The sketch is long lost, I'd have to disassemble everything again to replicate the work. I might find the original part and try to measure it again and put it on the paper. Just need time to do this - and it is house updates time... Anyhow, better reach me via personal messages, I guess.

mantlewearer

Reaction score
I have this same "78 wiper failure" problem, I don't see on here if anyone ever posted the autocad for a replacement bushing? I have access to a 3D printer capable of printing the part if I can get a pattern. Thanks!

Reaction score
I have this same "78 wiper failure" problem, I don't see on here if anyone ever posted the autocad for a replacement bushing? I have access to a 3D printer capable of printing the part if I can get a pattern. Thanks!
Looks like noone ever tried to. Now thinking of it, I'd say it would be better if somebody made a drawing of the pre-78 all-metal part, as it is a dead reliable and robust solution as opposed to another plastic part. Also thinking of the 3D-printed one, I am not entirely sure if the durability of the printing material will be on par to the task.

mantlewearer

Reaction score
Looks like noone ever tried to. Now thinking of it, I'd say it would be better if somebody made a drawing of the pre-78 all-metal part, as it is a dead reliable and robust solution as opposed to another plastic part. Also thinking of the 3D-printed one, I am not entirely sure if the durability of the printing material will be on par to the task.
I have access to a 3D printer that can do "automobile quality" with carbon fiber.
But I agree that if there was a drawing, pics, or a pattern a machined one would be even better.