For Sale 79 Newport cop car

Status
Not open for further replies.
cage divider
The cage had been removed by the time I got my two Mopar squads (an R-body and M-body). You could see the markings left behind on the interior trim. As for the featured car, I'm seeing a dearth of police equipment under the hood. If they went through the trouble (and expense) to find a police radio, lights and hubcaps, you'd think they would have popped for police rims, if not a certified speedo.
79Ply_B&W1.jpg

79Ply_B&W2.jpg

The cage had been removed by the time I got my two Mopar squads (an R-body and M-body). You could see the markings left behind on the interior trim. As for the featured car, I'm seeing a dearth of police equipment under the hood. If they went through the trouble (and expense) to find a police radio, lights and hubcaps, you'd think they would have popped for police rims, if not a certified speedo.
View attachment 162720
View attachment 162721
I'm calling it...it's a clone...not a real pursuit.

I'm calling it...it's a clone...not a real pursuit.
Only a true mechanic from the era would know everything to look for if this was a factory police package car. Many buyers spect. their cars a certain way, and since they were buying volume, the factories built them that way. One time when I was in Chrysler's mechanics school we took a trip out to Belvidear assy. They were screwing cop cars together, and you could tell when the changes for each department was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back