8 door Newport

THAT IS AWESOME

Never underestimate Ma Mopar. I would really like to see a running version.
This would be a project, that I don't think I would see the end of....

Omni

Very cool!! I love the show "Junkyard Gold", or something to that effect, that this guy does. Being in the northeast, I'd love to poke around the yard he's in.

not an "airport limo" like above, but another Stageway rig. ton of pics at BAT link.

No Reserve: 1968 Chrysler 8-Door Limousine, and even here: While messing around on Bring A Trailer - 1968 Chrysler 8 door Limo where we "rode" it around

1672235578323.png
5.13.15-004.jpg

not an "airport limo" like above, but another Stageway rig. ton of pics at BAT link.

No Reserve: 1968 Chrysler 8-Door Limousine, and even here: While messing around on Bring A Trailer - 1968 Chrysler 8 door Limo where we "rode" it around

View attachment 573281View attachment 573282
Sold for $1950. Seems like a steal depending on what isn't in the pictures.

New Yorker front clip, Newport rear with a 383 would make me wonder what else is going on. Some New Yorker badges in the pics too. If the car was New Yorker based it would have a 440.

Cool car in any case.

Kevin

Sold for $1950. Seems like a steal depending on what isn't in the pictures.

New Yorker front clip, Newport rear with a 383 would make me wonder what else is going on. Some New Yorker badges in the pics too. If the car was New Yorker based it would have a 440.

Cool car in any case.

Kevin

Kevin .. more pics in the BAT link show second VIN digit "E" and engine case "H" like the junkyard Newp.

I personally cant "eyeball" and tell a B from an RB -- but also looks like the junkyard mill too (HP exhaust manifolds, dual snorkel).

I would assume born a Newp and somewhere somebody thought "New Yorker" was a good, or available, part add?

1672245549712.png
1672245632028.png
1672245669834.png

Last edited:
Possibly a prior accident repair? Wouldn’t be the first time grilles gomswapped for what was readily available . Possible engine swap? But who knows what went on when it was built and then the 54 years since then. it’s all guesses now

Here’s another 8-door Limo called the “Lucky Limo”. It was in Arkansas but ultimately not around anymore.

846D9F3B-E73C-4248-AA49-32655F03988F.jpeg

A6E64EA4-3617-4A71-8786-A0D924B0F47F.jpeg

That '68 is too cool! A shame it was left to rot, but it was 'just' a car when junked.

I came REAL close to buying a '71 8 dr like the Roadkill guys had back about '92. It was so similar to the Roadkill one, I thought it was the same car! Sadly, no pics of the car I almost bought, I have an old registration for it floating around here somewhere.

As an aside, the one I looked at, was for sale for $500 OBO and it ran fine (but it was pretty rusty).

71airport.JPG

Always liked these 8 doors, I almost bought one 30 years ago, until I realized the room it would take to park and maneuver it around.

I had a 1961 8 door airport limo version of a New Yorker for about a decade. it was a fun party car with extremely long fins. The middle doors had to be custom fabricated by the Armbruster Stageway coachworks company in Ft. Smith Arkansas, since in 61 the fins started in the front door and went all the way to the tail lights. The car is still alive and living in Oslo Norway now.

Why would somebody choose to "gut" an otherwise original car? That's rhetorical -- just a head scratcher.

its size brings a host of challenges (some obvious ones/others not so maybe) to be sure, but maybe there are understandable reason,(s) to harvest the engine from THIS car.

oh well, their car, their prerogative. NOMB. hope it finds a good home if thats possible now.

It kinda looks like they blew up the engine to me. Looks like everything is there but the short block. Appears heads are inside along with all of the tin and the intake, dual snorkel, and hp manifolds are in the trunk.
Travis..

Back