NOT MINE 956 HEMI Chrysler Imperial 2 Dr Ht. Best offer at or over $10K. - $10,000 (Beaverton)

marty mopar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tempe AZ (hotter than a turd on a frypan)
1956 HEMI Chrysler Imperial 2 Dr Ht. Best offer at or over $10K. -...

I'm selling my 1956 Imperial that was my Dad's. It needs some TLC but it's a pretty nice example of a 66 year old car. Back in 1975, Bearing Service in Portland Oregon rebuilt the 354 Hemi engine. I believe it was bored slightly oversize (.030). The Crankshaft I believe is .010 under. IIRC, they reground the original camshaft. Since the engine rebuild, it has only been driven approximately 25 miles. I used to start it every few months but now being in heated storage, it's not easy to do. The Imperial has not been started for 5 years. The only reason it cannot be driven is the brakes will not pump up. They are drum brakes all around. I wanted to restore it but I live in a Home that has no space in the garage to work on it and HOA's. The trunk is full of spare parts and I have the wheel covers. Being a 2 door hardtop, it's pretty rare. 2094 produced. No or little rust. So to make this car really nice, it should have some light body work, paint, Leather on front seats reworked. All the cloth is new with some left-over. We bought the OEM Chrysler Eagle Cloth in around 1972? I also have some rolls of Grey 1956 Eagle Cloth that may be of some value.

So what I want to do is give buyers a better chance of owning my car. This listing is good for 30 days. So the best offer over $10,000 will own it. The only caveat is the winner will not be disclosed until the 30 days expires.

00707_irXdqMzlx85_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Looks good enough as is, fierce bidding, so here goes; $10,002.

I was thinking of doing something like the bit thing. I wonder how he will control it
you would have to do it on a forum like this, open so bidder can see where he is at.

I was thinking of doing something like the bit thing. I wonder how he will control it
you would have to do it on a forum like this, open so bidder can see where he is at.
Bidding is like secret ballot voting, not a fan of it as it's open to dodgy practices, fake bidders, dreamers, etc.

It has been one month, who is the winner of the silent auction? Or were the bidders silent?

Back