A 727 pan gasket that workz

BIGBARNEYCARS

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I found a place in eastern Tennessee of all places that iz MANUFACTURING solid fiberglass reinforced silicone gasketz for the AIRPLANE, MOTORCYCLE, AND AUTO INDUSTRIES ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL. This 1/8TH" thick piece of gold costz about $20 but it solved a problem that nothing else on the planet would or could that I've been living with for way too many yearz. Place called "REAL GASKET TENNESSEE" 2506 Stateline rd. Elizabethton, Tn. 37643...800-635-7325...www.realgaskets.com When you find somethin' this good you just gotta share, Jer... And no more red S**t on the garage floor...UH-RAH

Jer, it kills me to differ with you on something. Honest.
I tried one of those. Torqueing to the correct spec always compressed them so they slid out of the edges all wavy and stuff and leaked fluid.
I rechecked my torque spec. I was correct. The seal would distort. Just my experience with that material. Not that manufacturer.

I started using the gasket, and filter kits for a later A518. Same bolt pattern as the 727, since it's a 727 with an OD tailshaft. The gaskets they provide for the A518 are better quality...I've found...then the 727 stuff. My leaking pan issues have basically stopped since I started using these.

Can't beat these factory gaskets. They'll seal the worst sieves. I use them on every 727 I have ever had.

216498.jpg.ashx

Just to be sure, Mopar is the manufacturer of this gasket correct? Do you by chance have a part number?

Go to the dealer and pick up Mopar Part number 2464324AC. It should be a black plastic gasket frame with a embedded black silicone seal.
Don't use it with any goop. Put it on dry.

I went with a huges performance pan that holds 2 more qts of oil as I was sick of the old pan leaking. Plus figured more oil more cooling on hot texas roads.

Yeah came with all hardware. Real nice block to lower the filter and new filter as well. Only thing nervous going to fast over speed bumps. Dont think it would ever hit. Still took a few rounds to get it to seal as well until it stopped.

The mess on the ground isn't my car leaking its from a brake job on a Volvo yesterday.

1407092167470.jpg

Panz and pan gasketz 101 OR? My 727 iz a '62 with a '65 tail shaft. I got rid of all that crap including the parking brake on the back of the tail Shaft by doing that. Parking brakes were set up with the later model 323 sure grip hub to hub with 2 1/2X11 drumz. Trans waz rebuilt many yearz before the Batwagon took flite and then pickled. I had to drop the pan when putting the beast together because the shifter cable would not adjust. Fixed that an the original pan would not seal after 4 tries. Replaced it with new pan from Mancini Racing and that one would not seal either after 4 more tries and 3 different gaskets! Bought a B&M aluminum deep pan, installed it and didn't like the fact that it hung lower then my center link. Wanna talk about speed bumps guyz? You'd all lay awake nitez wondering when you'd hear that awful crunch and so would I! Had 1 3/4"s machined out of the center of that brand new B&M pan horizontally and then took it to my favorite welder and had him weld the two halves back together inside and outside. Then went back to my machinist and had him stick it on his bridgeport and make dam sure the mating surface was flat with the 727 and tried 3 more times with different gasketz the stop the red hemorrhaging to no avail. Found this outfit in Tennessee, followed their instructions for the install and by gawd, IT DON'T LEAK NO MORE.....And Jer iz ah very happy camper, nite all

i use that gasket also use the deeper pan from the 518 trany
i will post a # of the filter kit monday after work .

Back