For Sale A monster 1968 Fury III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
MOPAR!! 1968 Fury III 440/727 sweet ride! PRICE DROP - $4850

Speaks for itself with the adjectives monster, aggressive, sweet and hit me up. Ugh...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4895084640.html

Was $5995. Cut to $5500..Now final Cut to $4850

Up for sale is a really cool 68 Plymouth Fury III. Car was an original 318 but now has a MONSTER Built 440 putting out a ton of HP! Motor alone worth the asking price. Everything gone thru and redone on the engine, tons of new parts and sounds awesome. The body of the car is extremely straight with just one repaint over the factory dark blue. Brand new rims from Summit Racing and brand new agressive tires. Suspension has been adjusted down and is set up for track, with torsion bars it is easily adjusted up or down. The interior has been redone, seats as well as carpet and door panels. All chrome is in EXCELLENT condtion as is all trim. Starts, runs and drives. Its a slight work in progress as it still needs a few things. Here is the short list. 1. You need to change out the exhaust to handle the 440, needs to be 3 inch at minimum, currently has the stock 318 exhaust that chokes out the motor a little. The ignition system has been upgraded but the distributor could be a better match, works ok as is but with an MSD type system, a better distributor would do wonders. 2. Needs a little rust repair at the rear window channel on the bottom. Not a big deal, likely 3 to 4 hours labor. 3. Car is set up for track and has Summit Racing ignition hot panel as well as extra hot switches, no keyed ignition, some things have been taken off like headlight harness. these are easy fixes but I believe in Full Disclosure. Paint is not great but looks cool as it is, very ROAD WARRIOR. The trunk has a little rust repair needed, the pans are only $150 or it could be repaired. Floors are very solid and rust free. All glass is good but windshield does have rock hit. Windshields can be found for as low as $149 (ebay). There is over $5000 into this car in just the past 3 months so this price is a steal for a rare and very cool classic MOPAR car. A little work and this will easily be worth $12K plus, or do it up all the way and the value goes up. Clean Title in hand. Registration just went out and penalty is only $65 so really not a big deal, if that's a big deal to you, please don't bother me and just go find another car. Having said all this....The car is a steal at $5500(price drop to $4850) and nothing like it around. This car should go quickly. I run a street rod shop and all the guys I deal with loved this ride when I picked it up, many considering buying it as the engine?trans alone is worth the price. Hit me up when your ready to deal. Cheers.

00101_6zfz8MEm9GT_600x450.jpg

00B0B_65qUXk04awd_600x450.jpg

00k0k_jgMKquEKtUJ_600x450.jpg

00i0i_kIUsoMdBhES_600x450.jpg

00e0e_1GoknzJ0O7t_600x450.jpg

The car is a steal at $5500(price drop to $4850) and nothing like it around. This car should go quickly. I run a street rod shop and all the guys I deal with loved this ride when I picked it up, many considering buying it...
What bullshit!

What else can it be called. It is pure bullshit.
He says it is a steal at 55 hundred. Well, that statement gets flushed down the drain because it didn't sell at 55 hundred.
"This car should go quickly". Go ahead, man. Keep making a fool of yourself because obviously it didn't.
"...all the guys are considering it". Strike 3, yer out. No they are not....

What else can it be called. It is pure bullshit.
He says it is a steal at 55 hundred. Well, that statement gets flushed down the drain because it didn't sell at 55 hundred.
"This car should go quickly". Go ahead, man. Keep making a fool of yourself because obviously it didn't.
"...all the guys are considering it". Strike 3, yer out. No they are not....
I think he should be jailed for cruelty against , "mopars"

OK I hate what he did to the interior and that floor shift is horrible but I'd really be considering buying that if it was local .. wife would be mad as hell but I like it anyway. I just wish he'd actually painted it Petty Blue instead of a shade or two to light

That would be so fun as a daily driver.

He said it was set up for racing. It will never do NASCAR ovals.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but I kind of like the look. But this is totally F'd up:

"3. Car is set up for track and has Summit Racing ignition hot panel as well as extra hot switches, no keyed ignition, some things have been taken off like headlight harness. these are easy fixes but I believe in Full Disclosure."

It's a total disaster electrically. Sorry, but that makes it a $500 car.

I hate to admit it, but I kind of like the look. But this is totally F'd up:

"3. Car is set up for track and has Summit Racing ignition hot panel as well as extra hot switches, no keyed ignition, some things have been taken off like headlight harness. these are easy fixes but I believe in Full Disclosure."

It's a total disaster electrically. Sorry, but that makes it a $500 car.

I totally didn't see that part man!

Deals OFF!

wait I wasn't buying it anyway ;) Cheers joaquin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back