A Sincere Thanks!!

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was considering buying this car from a yard in Alberta, Canada. But being in the U.S., there were a lot obstacles to getting much information on the car and getting eyes to look at it for me and to discuss transport issues. So I reached out to members of this forum for some help, and I was very appreciative of the help I received from Derek (cancritter) , Graham (Dobalovr), Marlow (welderguy) and Tobias - yeah it took their combined help to try to make this happen! But in the end I did not buy the car largely because it does not have a/c and other reasons. But for the right person, it is a really nice car, and if it were closer to me, I would have bought it anyway.

This car was in another thread that was titled to be for a 71 Monaco, but it was really a 72 Monaco. This is the car below:

dec-30-14%2B043a.jpg

But it was hard to get in contact with the owner, Scott, in the beginning, but I finally did, and it was still hard to get photos and details as well, due to his being very busy. But he did come through for me in the end with photos and more details and Scott was really nice too.

But all I can say is that I was really impressed with how willing all these guys were to help out. They couldn't have been better. There is definitely a great bunch of guys in Alberta, that is for sure. A real pleasure to interact with them!!!!

Last edited:
Glad to be of service Steve and yes we have a great group out here! Someone locally should snap this beauty up....:poke:

Glad to see you were able to figure it out. So apparently goodneighbour didnt make the trip for it. Would you mind posting the other pics...was there a for sale ad somewhere?

Steve, those Monaco owners seem to be tough to communicate with, just like the guy in Santa Clarita (or nearby there) you tried to deal with a couple months ago.

Glad to see you were able to figure it out. So apparently goodneighbour didnt make the trip for it. Would you mind posting the other pics...was there a for sale ad somewhere?

Apparently he did not, as the first thing I asked Scott was if it was still available, and he said it was. And that was just a few days ago now.

The car has not been advertised for sale as far as I know.

Scott does want it to go to a good home though, and that is why he has held on to it. It really has very little rust, with just some showing on the exterior at the rear lower part of the front fenders. The underbody looks very nice actually, and he even sent a photo of the rear of the stub frame, and the trunk also looks good. I couldn't see anything significant around the lower part of the roof either. Both the engine/trans are missing, unfortunately since that makes it harder to sell. It has a vacuum trunk release, light package and an AM radio - so not much in the way of options, although it does seem to have a rim blow steering wheel not called out on the body code plate. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer them. There are a lot of photos to post, so I will have to make 2 posts:

yellow 72 Monaco16.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco 11.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco15.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco 7.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco 10.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco14.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco 6.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco 9.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco13.jpg

yellow 72 Monaco 5.jpg

Could be a nice project car. Haven't seen too many of these.

Spill it, Peter. Something's up and you're holding out, I can smell it.
It was just a comment for any local who might be interested in this car, and need a 440 for it, but you are right, something is up, just not what you are thinking.

Takes me back, my 68 Monaco had the same speedo 'conversion' but with those DYMO 3D labels. To bad she's so far away, she'd make a great sister for Bev.
yellow-72-monaco-5-jpg.jpg

It was just a comment for any local who might be interested in this car, and need a 440 for it, but you are right, something is up, just not what you are thinking.

1st Purple Ram built for Canuckistan is already earmarked Pete....:poke:

Hummm I have a 440,trans,and rear end in a 69 N/Y that would probably feel right at home in that car. Too many projects to little time. Thanks for the comments Saforwardlook we do you have a great bunch of members here in Alberta, someday I would like to meet them all. You know I think it would be a lot of fun if the Alberta members could get together for a barbeque or something but that might be a whole Other thread. If anybody needs a car looked at out in the Edmonton area I would be more than happy to take some pictures and look at it , I really enjoy doing that kind of thing. I could spend days going through auto wrecking yards it’s like therapy

Back