A substitute heater control valve.

celticwarlock

Reaction score
I am looking for a viable substitute for the heater control valve in my '69 NY (originally equipped with an AutoTemp system). I need a metal one that is cable operated. There are so many of them out there to choose from. Any recommendations?

SOMETHING like that, only this valve does not have a provision to fasten down a cable to operate it, and I know that others do (although I cannot be sure if they will work well for this application). I am pretty sure that someone has done this before....at least, it seems likely.

Two words (heater valve) on Google gave me dozens of hits in about ½ a nanosecond.
17 bucks at Summit

PicsArt_06-13-08.38.27.jpg

Google. It's not hard.

Yes. I found this, too. I can't know, however, if anyone else has used this and how well it works unless I ask. You might refer to my initial post which said, "There are so many out there to choose from". That is why I asked for recommendations. :poke:

I am looking for a viable substitute for the heater control valve in my '69 NY (originally equipped with an AutoTemp system). I need a metal one that is cable operated. There are so many of them out there to choose from. Any recommendations?
I do know in 1969 they used a water valve in the non auto temp cars. Why don't you try that one.

Back