AC Global

I got some good news from AC Global today. They mentioned they have redesigned the heater core to fit the heater box I mailed to them via @71Polara383 parts stash, and was able to fit it with their evaporator in it. I have asked them to email pics to me to see how well the two boxes seal together.
They have already made the aluminum HC, and are working on making a copper HC to fit as well.
Not sure if it makes any difference, but I've asked them if they can make one in brass too.
This is encouraging news. Hopefully it will help solve one of the many the hard to find "off the shelf" products, for C body owners.

That is great news Tim - great work from you and Wyatt - excellent! I was confident these folks would come through for us and I am glad they did. I really like to promote these folks as well as others such as ABC Moparts, Murray Park, QQE, Centric, Legendary, Spectra Premium and so many others. They really help us all take our cars to much better heights at reasonable costs. Even SMS helps greatly although its not without some patience.

And thanks to you, @saforwardlook — you really go above and beyond in helping others, as Wyatt and I well know!

Last edited:
Since my last post, I've been in contact with AC Global a few times. Last week they said they had redesigned the HC5777 to fit properly with the evaporator, and would be returning the heater box I had borrowed from Wyatt @71Polara383 with their new HC.
It arrived yesterday, but today was the first opportunity I had to take a look of the work they had completed.
Once unwrapped I noticed they had returned the redesigned HC I had originally purchased, however the tubing was made of copper as I had suggested, rather than the aluminum. (I also made a request to do it in brass too, but apparently it's not readily available or cheap)
Going forward, they will be selling the HC5777 with the copper tubing on eBay.

This afternoon I took the old evaporator I had saved from the NYer and the new HC and tried the first test fit, hoping it would seal nicely as they had mentioned. Already knowing the AC Global evaporator fits properly with an OEM HC, we now also have a NEW HC that works too.

The pics of the heater box below already had the silicone on it from a car that was previously stripped, before the box was shipped to CA. In the last picture I cut some of the silicone away to show how the two boxes sealed together.

I have to say this company accepted my initial contact when first notifying them of the issue with the product they were selling openly, but more importantly, they took the corrective measures to fix their product once it was brought to their attention.

I am glad this saga is over, and that there will be other FCBO members that benefit from this journey.
Frankly, I glad this is over. I still have a car to put back together, and finalize preparations for the C Body Show next month.
HC delivered3.jpg
HC delivered4.jpg
HC delivered6.jpg
HC delivered7.jpg
HC delivered8.jpg
HC Sealed2.jpg
HC Sealed1.jpg

Tim: thanks a real lot to you (and to @saforwardlook and @71Polara383) for all your efforts getting this important replacement part not only correct but also improved. Thanks to the efforts of you three, we now have replacement parts for the brake lines and for the heater core.

:thankyou:

Last edited:
Hello guys. After I read through this at first a BIG THANK YOU. If I would order a heater core now it should be the redesigned one and should fit properly right? Or should I ask them first before ordering?

When you place your order, go ahead and remind them that you are aware of their heater core being redesigned to fit your application and you definitely want the redesigned one. That way if someone in the chain of filling the order will be on alert that it must be the new, redesigned one (around midyear 2020) and not some old one that was leftover in stock somehow.

I need an EV5777 evaporator and an HC5777 heater core for Buttercup, my 1972 NYB, and will be purchasing from AC Global for @david hill to install.

The problem I've run into is that the HC5777 unit that ACG list on eBay seems to be the old aluminum-tube one. Hopefully it is just that they have not updated the listing. Regardless, I have reached out to them on the advice of @sixpkrt using the wording of @saforwardlook -- thank you guys!

Good news!

Here is the response from AC Global about their current HC5777 heater core: "After it was redesigned, it became the only way we made it. It is $325.00 with copper tubing, otherwise all aluminum is the $250.00 pricing. I will have to create a listing for the heater core as it is not normally manufactured in copper."

(Edit: very pleased to see that a new eBay listing had been added within 15 minutes of the email exchange for a newly-named HC5777C unit)

Note that, after I had added the aluminum HC5777 listing to my eBay watchlist ten days ago, I received a $20-off offer from AC Global. The same happened with the EV5777 evaporator yesterday: I got a $25 discount off the $341 list price. In both cases, that amounts to about 7% off list.

I have just placed an order for the EV5777 and @david hill should receive it on Thursday. $316 + tax, including free 4-day shipping from CA.

The aluminum HC5777 heater core is in stock but, before I place an order, I am waiting for a response to my follow-up inquiry as to whether there would be a delay if I ordered their copper-tubed HC5777 instead. I prefer copper, but not if I have to delay the work on Buttercup by a significant amount of time. My contact at ACG replied via eBay "I am checking with the guys in the shop for the copper tubing."

PS: MANY thanks to David for finding out the issues with my original units, and to @sixpkrt for walking me through his order process yesterday.

Last edited:
I have always liked the "can do" attitude of AC Global - they have come through big time for us C body guys!

I hope they don't get bought out like Centric did since its new owner seems to be crapping things up for our needs - no more rebuilt calipers or rotors for our cars anymore seem to be available. The original Centric was fantastic and their customer service was excellent - how often do you get that anymore!? Now when you call technical support the message says their mail box is full and to leave a message and they will return the call. Sure!

When companies excel in the U.S. it seems they get bought out for profit motives and that means they cut offerings and screw up the products (make them crappy) trying to make $$ off of their name recognition.

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.........................................

Well, let's hope that ACG is never bought out by short-term minded folks who would milk the company's reputation and then disappear after driving it into the ground.

I have continued the convo with ACG through eBay, and they told me that the HC5777C heater core was ready for shipping! I therefore placed an order for the HC5777C this morning during a coffee break, and they will ship it to @david hill this evening. I already have a tracking number: it should reach David by Saturday. I should get the tracking number for the evaporator soon, too (Edit, 10-4-2022: the EV5777 left for David's place last night, arrival expected this Friday by noon).

PS: after I mentioned that ACG had offered me a $20 discount if I ordered the aluminum heater core, they gave me a $25 discount on the copper unit (higher than the initial $20 discount, because the copper tubing is more expensive). Call me impressed, at this stage, with the customer service!

Last edited:
Here is a further update on AC Global. It is again testament to their superb attitude.

Turns out that the EV5777 evaporator that they sent (to @david hill and me) did not fit Buttercup. BUT, as soon as I informed them, they asked me to ship them their unit and my original at their cost, and within a week they made modifications so that David has been able to reinstall everything. David has told me that he would provide details in Buttercup's restoration thread. I understand that they have made changes and, going forward, the EV5777 will fit 1972 Chryslers with manual A/C.

Many thanks to @sixpkrt and @saforwardlook for pointing me in the direction of ACG.

Last edited:
Not to poke the bear, but how many other places in life do you order from where they say their product works but it doesn't, then YOU have to explain to their people how their product ought to be, ship stuff to and fro, and then write a rave review?
Glad you're getting something that will eventually work. Like I said several years ago at this point, I bought something from them that was supposed to fit and clearly didn't.
Sounds like they still don't fit unless you get personally involved with them like you and Tim did.

Not to poke the bear, but how many other places in life do you order from where they say their product works but it doesn't, then YOU have to explain to their people how their product ought to be, ship stuff to and fro, and then write a rave review?
Glad you're getting something that will eventually work. Like I said several years ago at this point, I bought something from them that was supposed to fit and clearly didn't.
Sounds like they still don't fit unless you get personally involved with them like you and Tim did.
At least they have worked with us to make things right. That seems to have flown the coupe decades ago. Glad I don't worry about heat or A/C!

There is zero (zilch) new alternative to the AC Global product. They do work with you to make it work. Is it perfect in terms of fit? Nope: as @david hill posted in the Buttercup thread here, "this being offered for resale is definitely not plug and pay for the average collector. If you decide to use them in the future be sure to have good fab skills to install."

Yet, in a world of half empty and half full glasses, I am the latter type: I'd rather have something that works, as opposed to nothing. Of course, I benefit from David's experience. And now, thanks to the bunch of picture that he and @sixpkrt have posted in this and the Buttercup threads, other members will know what they get with ACG and make their decision accordingly.

Looking ahead, I will let ACG know of the issues David still had, and let them go about fixing things.

Last edited:
Glad you're happy with it :thumbsup:

Ever buy a quarter panel from JC Whitney in the 80's?

Ever buy a quarter panel from JC Whitney in the 80's?
No, but I bought an exhaust system for my '77 Jimmy from them in the 90's! :lol:

Now back to your regularly scheduled heater core programming.

Edit: wth is with spell checker?

Last edited:
Then you know why I don't get so excited about 'the only game in town' and award medals :rofl:

Then you know why I don't get so excited about 'the only game in town' and award medals :rofl:

I always like seeing @ayilar's posts of his beautiful original vehicles that he obviously spends a lot of time and resources on to make them increasingly better - i.e. more like new original. His attention to detail, his initiative in getting them to run more like new and appear as original in every detail using skilled, very competent technicians is encouraging. He is obviously a high initiative individual who gets results. Like me, he really strives for originality and correctness in performance, appearance and works hard to achieve excellence. That is why I respect him a great deal. Even the seams in his vinyl roof replacements have to be in the correct location to be acceptable to him and many others of us on this site.

You come across as someone who is jealous of his high initiative and the results he achieves and seem to mock him for his qualities as a C body enthusiast.

Why is it I can't even recall seeing any photos of your vehicles and even your avatar vehicle has aftermarket wheels on it which suggests originality isn't that important to you, which is fine, it is your car.................

But I do not understand the need to mock Ayilar for wanting something very original, performs at least as well as original and who goes way out of his way to achieve vehicles that we all admire seeing.

So please do show us some of your vehicles so we can see the results you achieve and your level of initiative.........................................

I always like seeing @ayilar's posts of his beautiful original vehicles that he obviously spends a lot of time and resources on to make them increasingly better - i.e. more like new original. His attention to detail, his initiative in getting them to run more like new and appear as original in every detail using skilled, very competent technicians is encouraging. He is obviously a high initiative individual who gets results. Like me, he really strives for originality and correctness in performance, appearance and works hard to achieve excellence. That is why I respect him a great deal. Even the seams in his vinyl roof replacements have to be in the correct location to be acceptable to him and many others of us on this site.

You come across as someone who is jealous of his high initiative and the results he achieves and seem to mock him for his qualities as a C body enthusiast.

Why is it I can't even recall seeing any photos of your vehicles and even your avatar vehicle has aftermarket wheels on it which suggests originality isn't that important to you, which is fine, it is your car.................

But I do not understand the need to mock Ayilar for wanting something very original, performs at least as well as original and who goes way out of his way to achieve vehicles that we all admire seeing.

So please do show us some of your vehicles so we can see the results you achieve and your level of initiative.........................................
@furious70 has been to two of @sixpkrt's shows at least, and has been more than supportive of C body rides in general. If aftermarket wheels is all it takes to make someone not authentic in appreciation of these cars, then put me in that group, as I love putting old school aluminum rims on my cars, I'm just that day two kind of guy.

But we were talking about a heater core, so let's get back to that.

Back