AC Global

You're out ahead of your skis my friend.

I've met Ayilar in person multiple times and plan to collaborate with him on next year's cattle drive.
He and I have no beef. I simply pointed out a strange amount of positivity towards a vendor who keeps messing this stuff up.

I appreciate all sorts of cars from OEM to rat rod.

I don't really care about owning OEM at this point in my life. Got multiple shelves of mustang club of America trailered concours trophies.

How about I show you the black marks my cars leave? I care more what xenon thinks of my stable than what you do. From my vantage, you're the one who doesn't 'get it'

I just had one simple request, @furious70 please show us some of your cars and the results you achieve. He keeps slamming those of us who work hard to obtain correct reproduction parts for our cars to bring them to an ever higher level - why? It comes across as dissing our efforts and his posts seem to hope we will fail and he continues to project that intent. I just want to see for once something he has done and how it looks without hard to find parts. Simple request, nothing else. What is he so "furious" about that he has to mock us for our efforts to achieve better C bodies? Its easy to complain about our efforts, so if he is so successful without original parts that are increasingly non-existent, show us some results that are superior. Of just leave us alone to pursue our efforts.

Folks can disagree with our efforts but what is the motive? If you like aftermarket wheels, fine, but for those of us who prefer original they don't cut it. Our efforts are to preserve the past and not necessarily promote the efforts of those who prefer to innovate on the past. If innovation on the past is your goal, fine. I am not complaining about it - but if you continually try to knock those of us down who are trying to preserve and encourage recognition of past brilliant efforts in design and engineering then go elsewhere to achieve your motives than our posts.

I seriously doubt I will ever see one of his cars in photos on this site given what I have seen so far. Black marks on the pavement mean nothing to me and those who like to do that stuff are free to do so (within the constraints of the laws). So show me some of his trophy cars then so I can see how original they are and how well done they are. That's what I care about. You can disagree with a request but that makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Dude, you could look at my garage on this very site to see my cars are real

And so there's no doubt I'm a truth teller multitude of national and grand national wins along with regionals. 69-70 trailered concours.

IMG_20221029_151827.jpg

And so there's no doubt I'm a truth teller multitude of national and grand national wins along with regionals. 69-70 trailered concours.

View attachment 565045

Thanks for sharing that photos of your cars are on the garage section. They do all look very well done with fine craftsmanship but it is also clear that you have no strong preferences to originality and have fairly modified cars and with some B bodies at least, getting parts for them is a no brainer.

To be clear, I am not yet satisfied with AC Global either - it is the same problem I have had with The Right Stuff Detailing in terms of getting proper brake lines done for some of my cars, but again, they are the only game in town even willing to list my C body cars in their inventory. I sent them a complete set of brakes lines for my 71 Chryslers and they made up an absolutely correct set for me, but for others who have ordered from them subsequent to getting the lines finally correct, they can't seem to get them correct going forward. It baffles me! It seems like they don't know who to trust or just can't keep their records straight or ??? But both companies have the competence to make their products correctly and both are willing to supply our needs. Very few companies have any interest in supplying C body parts just because there is poor likelihood of making a profit off those parts since there are so few of us. So it is just very frustrating. So I am planning on working further with AC Global to find out what gives.

I am glad you are supportive and involved in the CATL shows and drives along with Ayilar so please do keep up the good work. Lets just lay this to rest.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back