Aftermarket carb question

Fireguyfire

Reaction score
I just completed dropping the factory engine wiring harnesses back into my engine bay after removing a generic aftermarket harness that was very wrong; luckily the previous owner had kept all of the original harnesses in the truck of my 1970 300 convertible.

Anyways, the carb on my 440 is an older Holley which should be fine. The carb has an electric choke on it, and of course the original carb did not so the factory harness doesn’t have any pigtail to power an electric choke.
Where would you guys and gals recommend I splice in to get power to the electric choke?

Look at your fuse block, if it has a terminal that is active with the ignition switch, that is where you should do the hook up. You want a terminal that is only active with the ignition "on" so that the electric choke does not run the battery dead with the key off.

Dave

If you have a non stock Holley-how is your kickdown linkage situated? Did they do it right, or is it all f__ked up-like they usually are. Post some pictures of the carb linkage. Just trying to help.

So my factory harness has a wire that comes off of the connector of the blue wire that goes to the alternator; according to my FSM it would have gone to my factory carb solenoid. Would this wire work for the electric choke?

So my factory harness has a wire that comes off of the connector of the blue wire that goes to the alternator; according to my FSM it would have gone to my factory carb solenoid. Would this wire work for the electric choke?
That should work well.

Back