All makes car show in Detroit

A little something extra...
image.jpeg

What a beautiful setting. I wish I wasn't so damn busy in the fall.

I didn't decode this one but it's an original 426 car and is supposed to be mostly original with around 80K on the clock and was bought from original owner locally. Check out those exhaust manifolds.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The only long roof. Looks like it was upgraded to the HP manifolds and a 4 bbl but really nice inside and out. Hand painted wood grain was nicely done as well.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ha Ha I guess that exhaust manifold is boiling out his master. Not a real good design.

Some B-bodies including Mmissles gorgeous '68 Hemi Road Runner.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The upper right corner... I think that's an Aussie Mopar. I've seen one locally in traffic but wasn't able to get a pic. I believe this is it.

image-jpeg.93627

I did not attend either show today. Wish I could have. Too busy catching up with Murray Park down in Ohio.

It is and it has a turbocharged, fuel injected 5.2 or 5.7 magnum in it. The same guy owns a Sport Fury GT in Lemon Twist with white top and interior that he's had for a loooong time. He's not into modern tech at all so it will likely stay off the radar.

This '34 Brewster Town Car is drop dead gorgeous!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It is and it has a turbocharged, fuel injected 5.2 or 5.7 magnum in it. The same guy owns a Sport Fury GT in Lemon Twist with white top and interior that he's had for a loooong time. He's not into modern tech at all so it will likely stay off the radar.

I know who you're talking about. Didn't know they had this car.

When I saw it in traffic, my buddy said "hey, there's a kid driving that car" (must have been a young person in the left seat) Then he did the Aussie math.

Here's some of the scenery. The park is basically attached to the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club so if boats are your thing there's plenty to look at. This is the first annual and I highly recommend adding this show to your list of must do's.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

LOL! I called MARVIN once from Peru...

LOL! I called MARVIN once from Peru...

I called once from Phoenix, so you have me beat there. Long story on how I "know" Marvin's secret identity (or that he owns a '59 Buick), but on my old phone I have a video of him saying "If you have not received your check by the close of business today, it's because I've retired and don't care anymore". That made for quite a laugh among my coworkers.

That right-hand-drive mopar is from S. Africa. My friend owns it, and always buys odd mopars. He did the normal stuff, years ago.

I'd like to thank everyone who attended. My wife was very pleased with the turnout, people, and cars.... considering several other "established" shows running simultaneously.

I didn't even know about the show at the museum until I saw Tim who said that's where he started his day. I don't think I would have tried to attend both shows and I think I made the right choice. Show could be a little longer next year if I would change anything.

I found it interesting that there were really no A or E-bodies. We already have a few things in the works for next year's show.

Just pulling some pictures off of my phone.
image.jpeg

Back