Almost fits

"2300 is pretty peppy for a 4 banger"

The one I had in my 78 mustang was a piece of junk. In 93 my wife and I bought a Ford Tempo with the 2300. It ran great, but it had a redesigned cylinder head and fuel injection. Otherwise mostly the same. The best thing that happened was the mustang was repossessed by the bank. Bought a 66 Impala with a 396 after that. Wish I still had that one.

Did your mustang have an automatic or 4-speed?
2300 with an automatic can't get out of its own way, 4-speed is pretty good, no race car and 75 is about top speed, but it'll do

Mine fits...barely.
Clearance in garage, front (2010-07-23).jpg
Clearance in garage, rear  (2010-07-23).jpg

Clearance in garage, front (2010-07-23).jpg

Clearance in garage, left (2010-07-23).jpg

<snip>...The best thing that happened was the mustang was repossessed by the bank. Bought a 66 Impala with a 396 after that. Wish I still had that one.
Reminds me of my late partner's tale of her first and last Toyota. It was bought new (late 60's or early 70's IIRC) based on the glowing review in Consumer Reports. Knobs came off, the engine sometimes stalled out - and the auto tranny wigged out and would only go in reverse. On a highway. In a snowstorm. She abandoned that piece of **** before it was paid off. I kid you not: a Yugo would have been an upgrade if this misadventure had happened in the Eighties.

BTW I've speculated that most Americans have a favorite Chevrolet. Mine is the '56 Bel Air. The '66 is way up there too.

Last edited:
Back