Another nail in the coffin for Canada

Quite honestly the whole seat belt/helmet issue is a stupid, slippery slope of behavior modification that never should have begun. No evidence has ever been presented that proves "cost to taxpayers" because every death could also represent a "saved life" requiring 60+ years of very expensive care. But that's why Actuarial Analysts aren't frequently in the conversation.

And btw, working on your old-timey car is a heluva lot more dangerous than stamp collecting or needlepoint. Don't tell Uncle Sugar (or Uncle Maple Syrup).
Say it isn’t so!!!

Say it isn’t so!!!

Shhhh...

864_acc060411_5_.jpg

In all reality I hope our driving habits are much better since we know how dangerous it can be driving an older car so we drive more responsibility knowing the increased possibilities of injuries or death
The new cars insulate us from the real driving hazards

Last edited:
In all reality I hope our driving habits are much better since we know how dangerous it can be driving an older car so we drive more responsibility knowing the increased possibilities of injuries or death
The new cars insulate is from the real driving hazards

No argument from me, but some would point to more people dying in a single limousine crash than a lifetime of Teslas. Ban humans!

Ban humans
You are right!
At 125# each, (because us Americans are such a fit and trim bunch) there was over 2100# of people +thier junk in a vehicle that is not considered a one ton capacity vehicle, before it was made 30' long.
I'll take my chances with the Uber Tesla.

Cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, driving too fast, fast food diets, and many other bad lifestyle choices. We cant ban them all.

Cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, driving too fast, fast food diets, and many other bad lifestyle choices. We cant ban them all.
I've indulged in all of those, I'd like to think I learned something from all of it. O should move to Canada for the free health care and legal pot, then I wouldn't care while waiting too long for a doctor to see me for the symptoms I can't remember!

Wind in hair - check, gun on hip -check, 75 mph ticket is only $25 for wasting finite resources. God Bless Arizona.

I legally took this pic while driving, in Az you have to be observed holding the phone over 2 minutes to be ticketed. My inlaw is a Phoenix cop.

IMG_0028.jpg

I’ve been riding bikes since 1971 both with and without a helmet. Most of the without was in the young and reckless years and out on the bald *** prairie somewhere in light traffic. In a city or busy roads I always wear a helmet, and I always abide by the local laws. In saying that I could ride from home to the Montana border, then legally ride all the way to the Rio Grande without a helmet. Most recently last year i rode through Yellowstone park without a helmet, and it is a great feeling. I like having that choice which I don’t have at home, though admittedly it’s easier now with my hearing aids to just put a helmet on over them. I am adamantly against allowing a special interest group like the Sikhs an exception to the law. It should be the same for everyone.

I've indulged in all of those, I'd like to think I learned something from all of it. O should move to Canada for the free health care and legal pot, then I wouldn't care while waiting too long for a doctor to see me for the symptoms I can't remember!
Don't forget the bag of munchies while you're waiting.

smokbro5427.gif

There are certainly plenty of Canadian plates in the hospital parking lots here.
The only waiting here is whole you wait for the insurance company and lawyers determine what is best for you

I didn’t think that there was any long waiting lines in the US as long as you have the $$$

I think I see good business opportunity here.Set up a pot dispensary outside the emergency room and profit.:thankyou:

I didn't want to be a douche and make this thread serious, but I have an uncle-in-law who just retired as anesthesiologist from Henry Ford hospital (we name them after saints and car companies) in Detroit.

He told a pretty sad story about a grandson who had taken his grandfather to (the) hospital in Windsor, Ontario. A doctor there told the grandson that grandpa would be pretty far down the triage list and if he were comfortable doing so, "take him across the border" (which is pretty quick). Unfortunately the grandson spent a lot of time lost and when he did arrive at HFH, gramps was to far into whatever heart problem he had (Henry Ford Hospital has a great heart specialty). Uncle-in-law was one of the people who consoled the grandson.

It's true you can get jerked around for a lot of stuff without insurance... I'd have to live with a blown out shoulder, or turn to a charity if it were a cancer, if not for you good members buying minivans and such, but they treat right away for life-threatening illnesses. That's the law. They just write it off on taxes.

Like our milk and cheese up here we have "Quotas" for people entering the Medical Profession. Only 'X" number of applicants are accepted each year. Has very little to do with demand and a lot to do with FUNDING our universal health care system.
Quote: Macleans Magazine 2012
All medical schools (except those in Ontario) have lower bars for their own residents in order to meet provincial quotas that guarantee the vast majority of medical school spots to the taxpayers who fund those seats, or to their children. The rules are in place because medical education costs provincial taxpayers dearly: in B.C., taxpayers contribute upwards of $75,000 per student per year. Locals want the seats saved for local students.

Long wait times? Overcrowded ER's? Too bad people it is "FREE" and you get what you pay for. What we need is a 2 tier system that allows for partial private and public health care so those that can pay for immediate service remove themselves from the public system thus reducing the wait times for the unwashed masses. The caveat to this of course would be Fee Schedules dictated by the Province and mandatory Public System Clinic Duty so that all the "Qualified" Doctors do not race to milk the Private Care model and leave the Public system with second rate or ideological Doctors of Death. The system is far from perfect but may seem "Perfect" from AFAR.....

Like our milk and cheese up here we have "Quotas" for people entering the Medical Profession. Only 'X" number of applicants are accepted each year. Has very little to do with demand and a lot to do with FUNDING our universal health care system.
Quote: Macleans Magazine 2012
All medical schools (except those in Ontario) have lower bars for their own residents in order to meet provincial quotas that guarantee the vast majority of medical school spots to the taxpayers who fund those seats, or to their children. The rules are in place because medical education costs provincial taxpayers dearly: in B.C., taxpayers contribute upwards of $75,000 per student per year. Locals want the seats saved for local students.

Long wait times? Overcrowded ER's? Too bad people it is "FREE" and you get what you pay for. What we need is a 2 tier system that allows for partial private and public health care so those that can pay for immediate service remove themselves from the public system thus reducing the wait times for the unwashed masses. The caveat to this of course would be Fee Schedules dictated by the Province and mandatory Public System Clinic Duty so that all the "Qualified" Doctors do not race to milk the Private Care model and leave the Public system with second rate or ideological Doctors of Death. The system is far from perfect but may seem "Perfect" from AFAR.....
I have tried to promote the 2 tiered system for some time here but the insurance companies don’t want to be part of this

Back