Another newbie(ish) 67 Fury III Poly. I have questions!

Mr Grumpy

Reaction score
Hi all, I just acquired a 1967 Fury III 4dr hardtop, (stole it for 1300CAD at auction).
I've owned a number of Mopars over the years including a number of Dodge trucks and even a Scamp with a slant 6, but this is my first C body.

I have a few questions, mostly motor related as it appears to be a Poly 318, however the engine code letter of the VIN is F and there's no mention of it in the 67 Plymouth workshop manual. Does anyone have any more info?

Other questions are,
What transmission should it have?
What gas to put in it?
Are there tuning parts available such as intake manifolds and headers?
Can I fit LA electronic ignition?
Where can I buy an upholstery kit for the bench seats?

I'm sure I'll have other questions but that'll do for now.
Thanking you all in advance.

I think I'm accurate to say '67 was the first year of the LA 318 in US Fury's but Canadian models carried on with the poly til '68.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! The F in my book shows 318 2 bbl, LA.

Welcome!
The transmission behind the poly in my 66 VIP is a 727. Fury III should be the same
I'm assuming it needs leaded gas. I don't think the polys received hardened seats. but it is Canadian.
The poly will accept all the internals of a LA. The heads and intake are what make it special. There are performance parts out there for the poly, but the are a little pricey. The guys at Chrysler power magazine have designed a new intake and some chrome parts. As for headers, TTI seems like the only place. Gary P. is the man for Poly performance. He lurks on 318poly@Yahoogroups.com
Yes you can upgrade the ignition
troll Ebay to find seats

Post a pic of the fender tag, should be mounted on the driver side fender and look like the pic below. Info on engine, trans should be revealed by that as well as other options.

You can check with Legendary or SMS for seat upholstery.
ft.jpg

Welcome. Nice car! An engine pic will clear up the poly question. Please post a few. Use the highest quality gas you can buy, regardless of engine. Yes, performance parts are available. Google is your friend for much of the other questions you may have.

A bit puzzled today, I pulled the rocker covers to check the valve clearances on my new (to me) Poly 318, and surprise! no adjusters.
So next question is, are the adjusters someplace else? or do I have hydraulic lifters?
Checked the compressions too, most around 120-125 lowest 115 highest 130.

Back