Another One Before, Well, As The Snow Flies

Had the Brake warning light on since last year, just before putting it away for storage. Turns out I had somehow pushed the parking brake pedal enough to turn the light on. I never use a parking brake since my cars are automatics. Glad it was a simple fix. :lol:

Picture from the drive to storage last year.

View attachment 374381
I don’t use the parking brake in anything but my Polara. There were two notable times in my life where the car came out of Park and rolled away. The first time I was around 4. This one was surrounded by controversy. We were at the hospital to pick up my sister who was hospitalized for pneumonia. There were three or four kids ordered to stay in the back seat. One of them may or not have bumped the selector. (Not me). The car rolled down the Hospital circle into the nuns flowerbed.
The other time I was in high school. I had just finished filling with gas. I went into pay and someone came in and asked who’s car was in the ditch? The Polara had slipped out of park and rolled across one hi way and down a steep embankment and luckily didn’t roll past the second main road as it was a much steeper embankment and the football field fence and field.
I know my parking paul is in good condition and adjusted properly now, but anytime I am parked on a little slope the parking brake goes on. As you can see I still have trust with this car.

Got snow last night here in New Hampshire. Thought it was safe putting up the car canopy in May… Guess not this year!

B36B1308-D0B7-4C08-AB27-843489B9BCCD.jpeg

IMG_20200613_104343.jpg

IMG_20200613_104423.jpg

Put the Cicada back into daily mode, because the water pump took a crap in the truck, after 249,xxx miles. I'll have to get an appointment for the exhaust guy to fix his side, and whatever else may have blown out. But it still cruises like a dream!

Back