Any accordian players here?

I have played my Fender Precision Bass more this year than I have in a few decades. Especially early on in March and April when the weather was lousy. Also spent time learning the basics of the Hammond M3 organ and dad's old accordian. Playing the drums is great stress relief too. Fun stuff.

I have played my Fender Precision Bass more this year than I have in a few decades. Especially early on in March and April when the weather was lousy. Also spent time learning the basics of the Hammond M3 organ and dad's old accordian. Playing the drums is great stress relief too. Fun stuff.

I can see where the drums are a great stress reliever, maybe not to the other members of your household. :)

My dog actually hates the accordion, she get as far away as possible when I play it. Piano, she will lay right next to me, and the tuba she will lay just outside the room, in the hallway.

I remember a CBC call in show years ago that had Steve Smith AKA Red Green on as a guest. Somehow the subject of bassoons came up and Red Green asks: Do you know what a bassoon is good for? Kindling, for an accordion fire!

Still makes me laugh!

Kevin

This popped up this AM of the book of faces and I thought of this thread.

I have actually started practicing again this winter and on a waiting list for an actually accordian instructor.

This popped up and I am certain my wife can relate as my practice proceeds. :)

FB_IMG_1611923134092.jpg

For our musician members, some humour, with apologies to all accordion lovers (of which I am one).

Q - What is the definition of Perfect Pitch?
A - Getting the accordion in the dumpster without hitting the sides.
:lol:

One night, late, an accordionist was driving home after a gig, and decided to stop and go into a store to get a snack. Thinking he'd only be a minute, he foolishly left his expensive instrument in the back seat.

He came out after buying his snack and saw to his dismay that the back window of his car was smashed in. He rushed over to his car to find that now there were two accordions in the back seat.
:rofl:

I'm here all week, try the veal... :icon_fU:

For our musician members, some humour, with apologies to all accordion lovers (of which I am one).

Q - What is the definition of Perfect Pitch?
A - Getting the accordion in the dumpster without hitting the sides.
:lol:

One night, late, an accordionist was driving home after a gig, and decided to stop and go into a store to get a snack. Thinking he'd only be a minute, he foolishly left his expensive instrument in the back seat.

He came out after buying his snack and saw to his dismay that the back window of his car was smashed in. He rushed over to his car to find that now there were two accordions in the back seat.
:rofl:

I'm here all week, try the veal... :icon_fU:
Those are great Ross and I will be sharing them. :)

There are lots more - here's a classic:
An author was facing writer's block. He had a very successful career writing self-help books, and had made his publisher a lot of money. However, he was in a jam for ideas, so he reached out to his publisher and told him the problem.

"No problem, I'll give you as long as you need", said the publisher. "Take a year off, do something completely different."

So that's what he did. And to pass the time, he took up the accordion. Within his first few lessons his teacher knew that his pupil was exceptional. After a few more lessons, the student was getting as good as the teacher, and one day the writer got a frantic phone call... "Listen, I'm sick as a dog. You've gotta go down to the Polish hall and sub in with the band for me - you'll be fine." So he did, and he was a big success.

Soon he was subbing in for other accordionists, and within a few months he became one of the most in demand players on the circuit.

After about a year, he figured he should try his hand at writing again... and to his surprise, the book just poured out of him.

He called his publisher up and told him the good news. "That's great!" said the publisher. "What's it called?"

And the writer replied "I'm OK, You're OK.... She's too fat for me, she's too fat for me...."
Sorry! :rofl:

I was listening to a jazz station last weekend and is song popped up. I had never heard it before, but really enjoyed it. I discovered and really one of the reasons I bought the accordian, that I can find it in many styles of music. About half way in the accordionist really gets after it. :)

Back