Any feedback on a 518 in a Fusey?

Nice this thread bumped up, as I´m having A518 also on my -67 Imp.
Trans is already mounted on car with JW bellhousing. I need to get that PATC kit to get OD and lockup.
The fitment needed trans tunnel to be reworked, but not much. I cut whole front end of tunnel off, but a lot less would have been adequate..
I also modified the trans crossmember to adapt GM trans mount as I had few of those available. I think it was the C3 Vette rear mount that was the easiest to adapt..

There are many other things needed before I can tell much about how it works, due the sad shape of the whole car.
All electrics need to be addressed, some new floor plates, new rear quarter panel bottoms and so on..

I don´t know if I´m able to get it driveable next summer, but will try that!
Engine is 440 with torque cam, heads have been ported by a skilled engine tuner, 1 7/8" long tube headers(all I could find used :lol: ). I´m feeding it with F.A.S.T. throttle body injection.
Rear axle is 9.25", 3.91-ratio, with Powertrax locker.

Curious if you guys are using column shifters with the ultrabell? I Just got mine and went to the garage and there is no location for the linkage on the Ultrabell.

JW hasn´t put place for linkage on their bellhousing.
I am going to use column shift anyway, so I´m looking forward to find cable for transmission operation or then I´ll make my own screw in mounting point for linkage.

Back