Any members in Somerset, PA. May need the lay of the land

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a family member passing through that had some car issues (lost a wheel). I think we have it covered, but in case we run into any other issues the lay of the lab may be helpful. They are Ok but a little shaken. The tow truck driver and the owner of the shop they towed it to have been pretty helpful so far.
If you’re from the area and willing to give advice on the area
FDAB2B86-6DA3-4283-ABF6-AA0482EB88B5.jpeg
9867063E-F12C-4A90-B52F-3D19D79D5C40.jpeg
you can reply here or message me.

Thanks

Marty

Last edited:
Good news, my daughter is back on the road. She was on her way to college when her front tire came flying off. I am very thankful that no one got hurt. Tow truck driver was very helpful and made sure she had a hotel before he dropped her off. Great little Mom and Pop shop, replaced the studs and added lug nuts,moved her tire that came off to the rear. They even came to the hotel and picked her up. And checked all the other wheel torques. $257.
Before her return trip back home this spring I should probably replace the wheel. A couple of the holes are oblong and I am sure the wheel is not as true as it should be.
Good enough to be driving around the Norfolk area for now.

I need to have a chat with the Costco tire center as they rotated the tires last week. From the wear pattern the lug nuts were not fully tightened or torqued.

Ugggh those oil change places (I know it's Costco, but same idea). We went to a Valvoline one near the house (has to be done by ASE for warranty, they pushed so hard to change the cabin air filter (for way too much $) and forgot to torque wrench the lug nuts. Yeah thanks I'm sure I'll love with some dust in the car, but thanks for trying to kill my wife with all the lug nuts loose.
Glad your Daughter is okay and did not get ripped off.

Sounds like she got lucky running into a good driver and good local shop. She definitely sounded a bit scared from across the room even.

She was lucky or being looked after in more ways than one. The town was just the right size to have the accommodations and services she needed. But small enough where the customer service and friendlyness was there. The shop owner even texted her this morning to make sure she made it to college.

Back