For Sale Anybody looking for parts?- NOS parts for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few sales like this and the problem is all the light, easy to ship, expensive stuff is usually all gone. The vast majority of parts are the long tail stuff that will sit and sit before it sells.

That was my point.
There is no way what he is offering at what he is asking fits any model of smartly buying whatever a guy has when he is going out of business.

Exactly. Thinking more on it, the business isn't worth much at all. All he really has is his Ebay store. You can setup another Ebay store in an afternoon and be rocking and rolling selling parts tomorrow. A month's worth of good feedback and you now have the same goodwill he does. He has no good inventory system and I assume no web site.

That's a lot of cash to tie up in inventory too. There isn't a bank around that would finance that much inventory unless they figured it could be turned around in less than a year.

$350K for all.I think there is far more than 35K parts here; I figure there is easily 350K items or more there, a guy could get set up for a buck a part, or less. Problem would be loading all this into god-knows how many trailers to ship! Figure another $100K or so to ship in the US? Plus at least the same to build a building, then more again to acquire the land to build on. Some of this stuff will never sell, though. Plus, there is going to be a percentage of inventory that will get damaged or destroyed in-transit. If all this could be had for a hundred grand, it might be a neat deal.

Similar to Big John, I have bought and sold a number of businesses over the years. This business is worth little more than scrap value at x$/lb. The reason, the inventory is many years old and unsold, therefore a valueless liability.

As a Mopar nut this sounds like sacrilege, but as a business man its just common sense. Inventory that doesn't moved quickly is a liability, not an asset and I'm not going to pay anything for a liability.

I would buy that warehouse, but at x$/lb.

I have bought many, many parts from Jack at CJMP over the last 20 or so years. Always a pleasant experience.

here is the website http://www.cjmotorparts.com/

It's certainly not as well organized as some, but a phone call and a couple of days I always got an answer if the part in question was available.

I agree that the asking price is very high, although without actually going through the inventory I don't know.

methinks he's just throwing a number against the wall to see what sticks.

If it sells I hope someone reputable gets it.

jim

disclaimer: I have NO affiliation with CJMP, just always very happy with my purchases from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back