WANTED Anyone have these plastic trim clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forzav12

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, need some of the large plastic trim retention clips to hold the body side moldings on a 69 Monaco.
I think they are part number 6002625.
Thanks

You should post a pic of the clip.
You never know.
Many times I can't visual wtf they are asking for and then I see the pic and go, ****, I know I've seen that somewhere, and then it starts to bug you....

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try and post a pic when I get back to the body shop.

Collectors Auto Supply.
They are calling the actual sellers of the items to do a physical search.

Now if you can actually find out who they are calling....

Collectors Auto Supply.
They are calling the actual sellers of the items to do a physical search.

Now if you can actually find out who they are calling....

Usually it is AMS Obsolete, formerly Mitchell's, but in this case I guess it is not, since checking the AMS site directly, it says they do not have that clip available. So I would not get my hopes up just yet. Those are very hard clips to find in decent condition used even.

Figures-the body shop wants to start drilling holes! I hope some turn up ASAP or I'll do something dumb ;)

Those little posts that the clips attach to are somewhat problematic anyway. It seems a body guy needs to sweep the panels with a long board to get things flat and straight, and those posts really interfere with that process. But being down low on the sill, that would not be the problem that those little posts cause higher up on the body. When the trim attaches anywhere but the sill area and there is body work to be done, I have my body/paint guy take the little posts off and rivet the clips for the side trim on to the panel. That way I get nice body work. So if you can get the clips, that is great, but if not, it is not the end of the world either to have some "fits-all" metal clips installed in the trim and then the trim bolted on at each clip location, but you would have to drill holes in the body. In looking at the 69 factory brochure, it looks like holes in the body to attach some fits-all clips would be OK for your trim, because you can get behind the holes and seal them up since they are high enough up and should all be accessible. That way you would not likely incur rust down the road if you seal up the attaching points from the inside of the body

Murray Park might have some used original clips that could work - you might contact him.
http://www.cbodies.com/

Last edited:
Those little posts that the clips attach to are somewhat problematic anyway. It seems a body guy needs to sweep the panels with a long board to get things flat and straight, and those clips really interfere with that process. But being down low on the sill, that would not be the problem that those little posts cause higher up on the body. When the trim attaches anywhere but the sill area and there is body work to be done, I have my body/paint guy take the little posts off and rivet the clips for the side trim on to the panel. That way I get nice body work. So if you can get the clips, that is great, but if not, it is not the end of the world either to have the clips riveted on. But introducing a hole in the lower sill for a rivet can cause some rust issues later down the road. So if yours is a show car that doesn't get into the rain or snow much, then you are good either way probably. If it is a driver, I would look for the trim clips a little more. Murray Park might have some used ones that could work - you might contact him.

http://www.cbodies.com/

The body man got the panels straight before they were painted-I wish now that I would have just had him grind off the trim posts and not bother with the trim. Figured since the car was so rare(at least I've never seen one-440 Magnum in a pillar-less 4 door) that I'd try and keep it stock. So far no one has any of the clips. Maybe I'll use industrial adhesive to hold them one-not great for the paint, but no holes.

Wait.........wasnt there a link on here that had just about every clip known to the automobile......? Anyone?

I prefer all the original moldings......patience will pay off in the long run

I have searched high and wide for trim clips for our C bodies, particularly the fuselage ones. Never found any that worked yet. But always open for new revelations.

Wait.........wasnt there a link on here that had just about every clip known to the automobile......? Anyone?

I prefer all the original moldings......patience will pay off in the long run

There were a number of links-one of which showed them in stock. Called the company, they said they would have to check and get back to me. Nothing yet. Had no idea these would be so difficult to source.

There were a number of links-one of which showed them in stock. Called the company, they said they would have to check and get back to me. Nothing yet. Had no idea these would be so difficult to source.

Reading earlier that was Collectors Auto Supply.
As Stan eluded to they are a "Broker". They sell what other people are selling. They dont have it but know where it is and will get it and sell it to you as if it were theirs.... Thats ok I guess if you need it and dont mind the price increase

go in to a Fastenal store, I think that's where,, they have a big thick binder book, with trim pieces and hooks and hangers and clips and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back