Anyone know where I can get a diaphragm?

He mentioned the booting but didn’t elaborate and I didn’t ask.
There was some commotion over his writing style... I don't know if I saw the peak of the attacks, but I thought he had very interesting mechanical abilities and interests. Too much drama over a guy wanting to even the wear of the "z" on his keyboard IMO, but I'm sure it got too personal once the battle started.

JO 753 sent me a diaphragm for my Cruise control servo that arrived on Saturday. Thank you JO!

It looks to be made of a cloth impregnated with silicone rubber. An idea I was toying with but I admit was thinking of using a black cold galvanizing rubber used on tool handles.

966CD1EA-B619-4BE0-9891-1895725F225C.jpeg

The part looks really well made with preopened and perfectly aligned Holes for the screws. No idea why the diaphragm extended to the edge of the support mounts.

237C164E-5ACE-499B-A9E5-9EEC6BBCF577.jpeg

It fit perfectly into place.

AADA3C09-AEE1-4648-B8C6-753A064ECAE1.jpeg

I used the diaphragm to hold the bolts. Of note is that the plate and cable retaining fitting were not the oem parts but finely machined parts of high quality steel and brass. It even came with a new clip.

E3F9BF21-77CA-4268-BD76-895AAE6AAADD.jpeg

Came together easily after... I learned to set the spring in the retainer to avoid interfearence with the sensor arm. Note the brass cable retainer.

1A0B45CC-EE84-48F8-98BA-754979C3BE6B.jpeg

As long as I had it apart, I blew it out and changed the “manifold” filter.

Now to mount and test it.

This servo came off my ‘73 Town and Country and was retired due to a small 1/8” tear in the diaphram. But up to that point was working well.

Stand by.

Last edited:
Back