Anyone running a modern AC compressor on a 440?

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all and welcome back to today's episode of never-ending questions! I've often wondered about those using a modern AC compressor on a 440. The car in question in my case is a '68 New Yorker. My compressor is long gone and I really don't think that investing in trying to make the old AC system work properly is worth my time.

Does anyone run a modern compressor / system that in essence "bolts up."? I can live without an AC, my daily driver doesn't even have a working AC but I figure that since my New Yorker is the "nice" car it might as well be cool to have a working AC! I appreciate any help and also photos of your setup if you have one!

Hello all and welcome back to today's episode of never-ending questions! I've often wondered about those using a modern AC compressor on a 440. The car in question in my case is a '68 New Yorker. My compressor is long gone and I really don't think that investing in trying to make the old AC system work properly is worth my time.

Does anyone run a modern compressor / system that in essence "bolts up."? I can live without an AC, my daily driver doesn't even have a working AC but I figure that since my New Yorker is the "nice" car it might as well be cool to have a working AC! I appreciate any help and also photos of your setup if you have one!

You might wanna check with these guys:

Home - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

I converted my 66 Monaco 383 using a Sanden compressor with a Bouchillon bracket. Easy job, should be no different with a 440.

DSCF6313.JPG

That looks outstanding! Did the hoses have to be made?
Also, do you have a model # for the compressor and the brackets? Thanks!
Yes the hoses were all new, I bought a crimping tool and made them myself. The compressor is a genuine Sanden SD7H15 and the mounting kit is Bouchillon #4710.

Sanden compressor is part of the serpentine system. I had to make all of the hoses. My engine is a 406. The serpentine system will bolt on to a 400, 440 or a 426.

20180817_141218.jpg

20181116_100440.jpg

Back