At Carlisle new 69-71 Dash Pads............

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
62602 - 07/03/15 11:19 AM Re: Mopar Full Size - Parts For Sale - 3rd Quarter [Re: moparts]
azmopars
offline.gif

Loc: mohave county, AZ
We will have new 69 and 70/71 Fury and 71 Dodge C body dash pads available at Carlisle Chrysler show July 10/11. Bring your re usable dash core with you. These are on an original steel Chrysler core. These have new foam wrapped over new vinyl. Colors are available. $795 exchange. See our website for location
We will also have 71/74 B body dash pads and our new 65 B body dash pads.

www.ABCMoparts.com email ABCMoparts@frontier.com.
D278B-1.jpg

Edited by azmopars (07/04/15 01:21 AM)

TopReply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

Its good news to see these things being reproduced, but don't hope that there will in time be a big influx of reproduction parts for a lot of the Cbody makes and models, the market simply doesn't exist and won't exist, only the more generic and high volume pieces will be reproduced in any numbers. The popularity of Cbodies will never approach that of the Ebody and Bbody performance vehicle market. It's also true that there will be or already is, a smaller market for Cbody vehicles as they are far more readily scrapped than preserved.
Kudos to ABC Moparts for doing this though, it certainly is very much appreciated.

Bob Baker the owner of ABC Moparts is putting out quite a bit of very good quality C body parts. He's a relatively small business but he keeps coming out with new parts. The more we support his efforts the more new parts will come. Ok commercial over.

Bob Baker the owner of ABC Moparts is putting out quite a bit of very good quality C body parts. He's a relatively small business but he keeps coming out with new parts. The more we support his efforts the more new parts will come. Ok commercial over.

X2 Chris. I have been doing what I can to supply him with good parts to use to make the reproductions. He is really trying hard so I want to support him all I can. One part I have supplied recently is a set of two door fuselage rear window plastic interior moldings that have those door panel type clips behind them to hold them in place. By now, most of those are pretty brittle and break apart easily when removing them to put in a new headliner or replace the rear glass or fixing sheet metal around the rear window. His supplier is getting a new machine to accommodate making this part, but it looks like it is now going to happen last I heard from Bob. His shop doing this work is pretty reasonable and is located in Southern California (no Chinese stuff). So I see Bob almost once a month lately to talk about parts reproductions and go over his progress and supply him with anything I have that he needs.
Steve

+1,...........I personally have bought at least 2 cars,.....just for the dash pad. This is a very good thing.

Seat backs, and console bases, kick panels are on the way I hear. True??

don't hope that there will in time be a big influx of reproduction parts for a lot of the Cbody makes and models, the market simply doesn't exist and won't exist, only the more generic and high volume pieces will be reproduced in any numbers. The popularity of Cbodies will never approach that of the Ebody and Bbody performance vehicle market. It's also true that there will be or already is, a smaller market for Cbody vehicles as they are far more readily scrapped than preserved.

Its been that way forever, anyone that has been into C bodies even for a little while knows how hard it is to locate parts.

+1,...........I personally have bought at least 2 cars,.....just for the dash pad. This is a very good thing.

Seat backs, and console bases, kick panels are on the way I hear. True??

I was fortunate enough to find one in a Junkyard 10 years ago, that and a crack free steering wheel for $50.00. That was my last great find of a lifetime

I am looking forward to see my "new" dashpad when it arrives.
Thanks Steve !

Carsten

Just for fun, I asked every vendor I talked to what they had for a C body. A lot of one word answers.

The response I get most is, I have one for a B-body, will that fit?

I picked up a gas tank filler neck grommet, they said was from a B body, but should work, we will see.

They usually don't know what they have

I thought so, so I usually look around first. Thing is, I don't always know what I'm looking at.

Back