Australian Pink Floyd concert in DC

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I took a day to enjoy some live music.

Australian Pink Floyd at the Strathmore Music Center in DC. It holds almost 2000 people.

20180930_194420.jpg

20180930_194429.jpg

Cool Music center. We have a nice new Amphitheater near us and saw Brit Floyd there last summer had a great time. I have seen Pink Floyd several times over the years, starting in college.

!977 Tampa Stadium Animals Tour best show ever of my life, after the July 4th Cincinnati show Roger Waters said he would never do an outside concert ever again..... lair.

!977 Tampa Stadium Animals Tour best show ever of my life, after the July 4th Cincinnati show Roger Waters said he would never do an outside concert ever again..... lair.

He also retired after all three of the tours I saw in the 2000's. Still loved the shows.

Yea like Robert Plant guess the Castle in Scotland needed a new roof, so continue on.

BTW the indoor 1980 Wall concert at Nassau Coliseum kinda suck due to sound reverberation from the ceiling.

Great seats.

I thought I would share some of my Roger Waters photos from a 2017 show. What was cool was he dropped screens down from the ceiling, above the floor seating, and then projected video on to the screens. A technique, like I have never seen before. Made my crappy seats very enjoyable.

35935363321_6349bb4b39_o.jpg
35678878870_22e2d87671_o.jpg
36068710665_5a401db641_o.jpg
36027944676_997ef29fb9_o.jpg

Cool Music center. We have a nice new Amphitheater near us and saw Brit Floyd there last summer had a great time. I have seen Pink Floyd several times over the years, starting in college.

Brit Floyd is one of my favorite concerts and I've seen them at least 8 times in the last 5 years all over the country. Excellent tribute band without a doubt.

I have seen Pink Floyd several times. Dark Side of the Moon concert in Milwaukee. I saw The Wall concert in Berlin during the 80's while I was in the Army. You could still go to concerts then with military guidons and American flags before the FN terrorists became a problem. Pink Floyd recognized a big American Military presence at that concert with all the flags flying in the crowd and changed the lyrics a bit for the song "The Wall. Instead of singing Teacher leave those kids alone.....they sang First Sergeant leave those Troops alone.

Seeing a great concert is a huge stress reliever. I felt great after the concert ended. I definitely will go see Aussie Pink Floyd again!

The Strathmore Music Center in DC is a fantastic concert venue and I recommend seeing any concert there if you get a chance. Pretty new too it was built in 2005. Most of the places I go for concerts were built 100 years or more ago.

Yea but how much do tickets cost to see a 'Tribute Band'?

Years ago when ticket costs were starting to tip over the 100 dollar range Roger Waters tour was boasting under a hundred dollar limits, then they saw what the Ticketmaster resellers & scalpers were getting and that changed. Several times I checked in the past decade RW tickets have gone from $150 to $245... like to see'em one more time in my lifetime as he has 10 years on me and not much longer to go, kind of one of those bucket list items that'll never happen. Don't really bother me as the HiDef fan vids on YouTube are just fine with me.
I'll be like the NA$CAR fans at the price jump decades ago, take the money and buy a bigger flat screen. Then there is always the last chance with the scalpers, got into the 1980 Wall on a cheap scalper scam and the Pros & Cons of Hitchiking Tour with last minute cheap scalper tickets, but at my age now don't really think I can play the 'Game'.

BTW the one Desert Trip YouTube video (best) that I saved was deleted from YouTube but here's a funny comment from a long time fan that I thought was humorous and appropriate.
Roger Waters at Desert Trip Week 2 COMPLETE, UNCUT PERFORMANCE in 720p HD (now deleted)

Choose Life
1 year ago (edited)

Bad sound. Bad rent-a-band. Roger is old. Nice try. Largely wasted money.
To bad Gilmour wasn't helping. But Nick and David are beyond Roger actually.
The few regular musicians weren't at it either. And the SJW rant is so not there.
Everyone came for fun but Roger drags.

(Next show = no paid for nightmare.) Just a few million more $$ and Roger might
be able to make good on the years of therapy.
So keep paying folks. Compassion pays the payer too.
Thanks but retire old man - you're real tired.
Now lets go to a real uplifting party....Adios ?

PS. SJW = Social Justice Warriors

Yea but how much do tickets cost to see a 'Tribute Band'?

Years ago when ticket costs were starting to tip over the 100 dollar range Roger Waters tour was boasting under a hundred dollar limits, then they saw what the Ticketmaster resellers & scalpers were getting and that changed. Several times I checked in the past decade RW tickets have gone from $150 to $245... like to see'em one more time in my lifetime as he has 10 years on me and not much longer to go, kind of one of those bucket list items that'll never happen. Don't really bother me as the HiDef fan vids on YouTube are just fine with me.
I'll be like the NA$CAR fans at the price jump decades ago, take the money and buy a bigger flat screen. Then there is always the last chance with the scalpers, got into the 1980 Wall on a cheap scalper scam and the Pros & Cons of Hitchiking Tour with last minute cheap scalper tickets, but at my age now don't really think I can play the 'Game'.

BTW the one Desert Trip YouTube video (best) that I saved was deleted from YouTube but here's a funny comment from a long time fan that I thought was humorous and appropriate.
Roger Waters at Desert Trip Week 2 COMPLETE, UNCUT PERFORMANCE in 720p HD (now deleted)

Choose Life
1 year ago (edited)

Bad sound. Bad rent-a-band. Roger is old. Nice try. Largely wasted money.
To bad Gilmour wasn't helping. But Nick and David are beyond Roger actually.
The few regular musicians weren't at it either. And the SJW rant is so not there.
Everyone came for fun but Roger drags.

(Next show = no paid for nightmare.) Just a few million more $$ and Roger might
be able to make good on the years of therapy.
So keep paying folks. Compassion pays the payer too.
Thanks but retire old man - you're real tired.
Now lets go to a real uplifting party....Adios ?

PS. SJW = Social Justice Warriors

Brit Floyd is $60 for great seats. Nose bleed seats are less than $40. These guys just aren't a tribute band. They play and sound as good as Floyd. If they didn't.....i wouldn't waste your time or mine.

The 2019 tour is Another Brick in the Wall theme. Plus they play a bunch of songs from other albums.

Brit Floyd is $60 for great seats. Nose bleed seats are less than $40. These guys just aren't a tribute band. They play and sound as good as Floyd. If they didn't.....i wouldn't waste your time or mine.

The 2019 tour is Another Brick in the Wall theme. Plus they play a bunch of songs from other albums.
Brit Floyd has come to our amphitheater for the last 4 years prices are about the same in Dayton Ohio. The great part is they always have a limited set of tickets for $25. That is what I paid last time. No brainer at that price. I could shut my eyes and truly thought that I was listening to the real thing.

Brit Floyd has come to our amphitheater for the last 4 years prices are about the same in Dayton Ohio. The great part is they always have a limited set of tickets for $25. That is what I paid last time. No brainer at that price. I could shut my eyes and truly thought that I was listening to the real thing.

Add Aussie Pink Floyd to the list. They put on a hell of a show too.

Back