Auto temp 1 diagnostic tool

bildog

Reaction score
Has anyone used or even seen the diagnostic tool for this system? Does anyone know if the auto temp ll tool will work with the auto temp l system? Does anyone have this tool and are willing to loan it out? My auto temp l still heats/cools but has some quirky behaviors like the a/c fan cutting out when I accelerate. Thanks for any help. This is on my 69 300 convertible.

Has anyone used or even seen the diagnostic tool for this system? Does anyone know if the auto temp ll tool will work with the auto temp l system? Does anyone have this tool and are willing to loan it out? My auto temp l still heats/cools but has some quirky behaviors like the a/c fan cutting out when I accelerate. Thanks for any help. This is on my 69 300 convertible.
I do not have an Auto Temp I tester, and have never seen one. But the system is totally different than Auto Temp II. I have two of the Auto Temp II testers, and they work well, but unfortunately, they will not work for you. The fact that yours even works despite the one quirk, is amazing! You must have a low mileage example?

I don't know if I have a cutoff switch or not. I have watched the YouTube videos and think maybe I have a vacuum hose leaking. Or a cracked plastic fitting. If I could find a dealership that's been in business for 46 years or so....

I don't know if I have a cutoff switch or not. I have watched the YouTube videos and think maybe I have a vacuum hose leaking. Or a cracked plastic fitting. If I could find a dealership that's been in business for 46 years or so....
You would be looking for one of these,C-4064 Auto-temp tester. Good luck,fleamarkets,yard sales ect.,you just never know.I`ve been looking! Tried to scan a pic from the FSM but of course I can`t post it because it says it`s too large:BangHead::soapbox:

Hey fellas; I had a 69' 300 that I sold a year ago. I have a mint condition Auto Temp1 tester, that I hung on to. Give me a decent offer, so it can go to anther Mopar guy who can use it. Thanks, John.

Hey fellas; I had a 69' 300 that I sold a year ago. I have a mint condition Auto Temp1 tester, that I hung on to. Give me a decent offer, so it can go to anther Mopar guy who can use it. Thanks, John.
Never seen one. Only the II's. That's a rarity there.

Never seen one. Only the II's. That's a rarity there.
I will try and post a Pic of the tester, I also have a mostly complete auto Temp1 System, I kept as a spare for the 300. If anyone is interested, I will sell that too. I knew how finicky they were, so I hoarded parts for them. John

Ha ha.. I don't feel so bad now.
I have all the spare parts for my II sitting on the shelf for backup plus a complete manual system just in case. :p

I will try and post a Pic of the tester, I also have a mostly complete auto Temp1 System, I kept as a spare for the 300. If anyone is interested, I will sell that too. I knew how finicky they were, so I hoarded parts for them. John

Heres the Pic of the tester, complete with all cables

Auto Temp1 Tester 001.jpg

If your blower is cutting out when you accelerate its vacuum loss. Takes 10" to open the switch and must fall to 3" to shut it off. I've been thru the auto temp 2's quite a bit and I doubt most 1's are very much different in relation to how they work. Most vacuum leaks I see are the vacuum master & compressor switches and the servo . Try installing a jumper wire after unplugging the master switch. Drive your car again and see if the blower cuts out under acceleration

Not having experience with this tool, It still looks to me like a DMM and a vacuum gauge/pump would let you handle the task. Seen too many testers collect dust on the shelf at the dealer because they weren't the actual best way, just somebody's idea of what us dumb techs would need to function. Its wall art to me.

Agreed, I've got the one for the ATCII and haven't gotten much help from it. But then again, everyone and their brother has had a try at getting the system to work, so who knows what they have effed up over 40 years. The system may be so out of whack that it may take a miracle to get it working again. But I never give up.

Agreed, I've got the one for the ATCII and haven't gotten much help from it. But then again, everyone and their brother has had a try at getting the system to work, so who knows what they have effed up over 40 years. The system may be so out of whack that it may take a miracle to get it working again. But I never give up.

What part of yours isn't working ? Their actually relatively simple once you understand how they work. I've rebuilt / fixed 3 of them now in 74 imperials . I bought a manual on them off eBay that gives you each m1-m5 blower specs , the position of each door , vacuum circuits, ohms resistance of each sensor..... These systems take a lot of vacuum to work properly . I have a relatively inexpensive fix for the lack of vacuum if you have a leak

Back