Automatic Height Control

streetmachine

Reaction score
Looking at something that has this feature. It works from what I understand. Just wondering if this is a crappy system and what is the part that usually fails on this feature? Also, if a person desired to bypass it in case their is a lack of parts availability then what is the bypass for it? Thank you.

It's similar to the Lincoln system, used on Town Cars and Continentals, IIRC. The solution to a dead AHC is shocks. My understanding is that it can be converted to a normal suspension without fuss, but I have no first-hand experience with the Chrysler set-up.

Buy mine and you won't have that worry!

To bypass the AHRC.....

There's a T connection hose (about 3/8" diameter or a little bigger) up at the brake booster. Follow the hose that goes up to and under the left fender well that goes to the compressor to make sure you are going to unplug the right hose. Unplug the hose at the T by the brake booster and cap the T. Put on regular rear shocks. I have found that the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks makes a hell of a difference on Formal's. Just leave all the rest of the ARHC stuff in place....it's not in the way, it's still a cool and rare option and save it for the next guy, and no one would even know the ARHC was there except us Formal guys anyways.

Back