NOT MINE Avanti

crv

Reaction score
Another John Grady car: Cars for sale by John Grady
Studebaker Avanti. Original San Francisco car, rust free. Has a 1968 Charger RT 440 driveline. $18,000
1708831160451.png

1708831179499.png

1708831210539.png

Not nuts about the color but not a bad ride. I always like those.

I owned an original Studebaker Avanti (Not one of those Avanti II's).
The sexiest car I have ever owned.
The biggest POS I have ever owned.

Cream and brown two tone! What were they thinking? I wonder how it handles with the 440. That's a decent amount of extra weight in a lightweight car.

I thought the Avanti Ii had small bock chevy..
Not a big fan. Always thought they looked like an up scale kit car. But I'm in with a stout 440.

some came turbocharged!
No turbo. Supercharged!!

You could get a supercharged Studebaker Lark too. I've seen exactly two of those... One at a show and one at a junk yard many years ago.

If I wasn't already at my limit, I would look at this one... I've always wanted one.

BTW, the car is probably in Massachusetts.

No turbo. Supercharged!!

You could get a supercharged Studebaker Lark too. I've seen exactly two of those... One at a show and one at a junk yard many years ago.

If I wasn't already at my limit, I would look at this one... I've always wanted one.

BTW, the car is probably in Massachusetts.
Those were 289's with a Paxton if I remember correctly. Studebaker engines though. They were available in Golden Hawks as well. Studebaker bought Paxton in the early 60's..

Those were 289's with a Paxton if I remember correctly. Studebaker engines though. They were available in Golden Hawks as well. Studebaker bought Paxton in the early 60's..
I didn't know they were in the Golden Hawks too!

Studebakers are interesting cars... Look at a '53 Studebaker and compare it to any other 1953 American passenger car.

Back