Avs 6125s on a 440

Thanks I contacted mikes carburetor and am waiting a reply from their "technical" guy. The AVS has a 3 step up metering trod vs the AFB 2 step. I have a feeling a small change like this is going to mater in the carb, but will let you know what the guy says. Apparently the #489 (tall primaries) are hard to find. May see what happens with the shorties. Anybody got any tall 489 laying around?

Update.... Said the hell with it and put it back together with the short primary jets since I still hadn't received any technical support from the seller. Runs great much better throttle response (no stumble).

First carb rebuild all the way through and it was very rewarding. Overwhelming at first but goes smooth if you take your time and lots of digital pictures.

Carb is running great with one exception. Car pops off when cold right away but it is now hard to start when warm...sort of smells like it is flooding? I used the thick carb gasket on the manifold. I have read several posts about boiling gas from heat soak???? Some have suggested a manifold to carb spacer? Some have said that is just normal with the new gas containing ethanol? Any ideas are appreciated.

Carb is running great with one exception. Car pops off when cold right away but it is now hard to start when warm...sort of smells like it is flooding? I used the thick carb gasket on the manifold. I have read several posts about boiling gas from heat soak???? Some have suggested a manifold to carb spacer? Some have said that is just normal with the new gas containing ethanol? Any ideas are appreciated.
Put the biggest spacer that you can fit on.

Anyone have any experience with the company cool carbs?

- Home
I talked to the guy that owns the company last year at Carlisle.

I couldn't decide if he was a dumbass or a liar. Either way, he tried to tell me that stainless steel doesn't conduct heat.... I was half interested until he said that. I said "I know better" and walked away.

They looked like nice pieces, but the center is some sort of plastic that will melt if the manifold gets too hot. They require you to block the heat riser to keep that from happening.

Back