B Body Rear for C Body?

Inspector71

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked over and over. I have a 68 Charger, .323 sure grip. I sold my 66 Sport Fury (440 motor) to my younger brother. Since I'm eventually putting a Dana60 in the Charger (.373), I was wondering if the Charger rear end will work for the Fury. My guess is the axle tubes are too short but what about the center piece with all the goodies? Thanks

My guess is the axles are too short, the brackets for the leaf springs won't match but maybe the center section will swap in and out?

Last edited:
The center section of the 8 3/4 rear ends will swap out. The yokes are probably different but no biggie, you can get a crossover u joint that matches the drive shaft and pinion yoke if they are not the same.
Tech advice is free here but it is customary to give the helping party the door panels from car of their choice should they require it.

65Fury440: You have a great car. I passed on one in 383 and have kicked myself ever sense. Thanks for the tip. All I have are door panels for a 69 Charger...

Back