Back To The Car..... Life VS 65 Fury

65Fury440

Reaction score
So after a hiatus from my car, lifes ups and downs, I'm ready to get back to racing.

I've only popped in here occasionally in the last year, Now I think it's time to concentrate on some fun.

The current configuration is a 521 CI 11.25 CR, 268/272 solid roller, 1050ish Dominator, Passon 5 speed with Dana 60 4.10 rear end, 28./9.50 slicks, 3750 lbs.

I have Assassin bars, Calvert split leaf monos, should hook good, launching on the street is way better now, to the point it hangs the tires in the air on launch.

I have been doing street miles whenever possible to break in the trans and Mcleod twin disc clutch. Probably have the 500 miles they recommend, time to let her eat.

Going to test and tune this Wednesday at showtime Dragstrip in Clearwater. It's an 1/8 mile track. The old times were in the high 7.30s, hopefully it will go faster and not slower.

@commando1 you still have an open invitation to test your clutch knee. Roll bar on the way, Bradenton won't let me race without one.

fury65hvy.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see a update. Wow, and I can't even get my life out of the way long enough to get mine together. Let us know how it went.

@commando1 you still have an open invitation to test your clutch knee. Roll bar on the way, Bradenton won't let me race without one.
WOW, Doug. The Fury looks like a monster!!
I'm finally in a position to accept your most generous offer at Bradenton.
I've quietly been checking off bucket list items the past year and I'd be a fool to pass up this opportunity to make a total fool of myself. :thankyou:

WOW, Doug. The Fury looks like a monster!!
I'm finally in a position to accept your most generous offer at Bradenton.
I've quietly been checking off bucket list items the past year and I'd be a fool to pass up this opportunity to make a total fool of myself. :thankyou:
Good deal Stan, thanks for the kind words.
I'm in line to get a chrome moly bar put in. I don't have a tube bender, and, frankly would not come close to the quality job the fab guy can do. I'll pay to have it done nice.
He's a busy guy, hopefully he will get the bar in, and get to Bradenton before it gets too hot again.

Showtime and Orlando Speed World let me go without a bar, but I'm hoping to dip into the 10s now. I'll rephrase that, it will be dipping into the 10s, with or without a bottle.

Anything can happen, should be trapping in the high 120s now. If the shiny side isn't up, a 6 point bar is better than nothing.

If everything works out tomorrow, I'll find out what she runs at the 1/8 mile (half a drag race).

Been a while Dave, where do you stand on that Barracuda? Highjack the thread with pics and specs please!
It's sitting on the lift tying it up. Been working on the wiring harness while it is cold as f#&? outside. The cage is all in, dash is cut and temp back in, once I put the wiring harness back in I can put the windshield back in. Some plumbing and engine back in place, lite it up and ready to go, just like that.

It's sitting on the lift tying it up. Been working on the wiring harness while it is cold as f#&? outside. The cage is all in, dash is cut and temp back in, once I put the wiring harness back in I can put the windshield back in. Some plumbing and engine back in place, lite it up and ready to go, just like that.
You make it sound so easy!!

Back