Bad news for my '67 Fury III hardtop

I know it has been a while since I posted on this thread but I am finally able to start working on the car again. The stub frame is definitely bent and I discovered a small rust through on the passenger side. I have a nice frame in my cellar stash with only minor surface rust which I would like to replace the existing damaged one with. The only thing is that it came from a '67 Fury I with a slant six engine. The measurements in my shop manual appear to be the same on both 6 and 8 cylinder frames but I am wondering about the brackets on the cross member for the motor mounts. Do anyone know if these brackets differ on the two frames? I haven't had a chance to move the junk to access the cellar frame yet. Also, were the torsion bars different for the 6 and the 8 cylinder Furys? Thanks so much for any help here.
John

The stub should be the same, but the engine mounts on the stub are very likely different from the 6 to the 8. The torsion bars for the 8 will likely meed to be swapped too as they were beefier from the 6s.

Back