BALLZZZZ!!!!!!.....Bearing that is

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Our cars wouldn't work without springs but they sometimes throw you a curveball. Sorry. Be sure to get her good and warmed up then check your level. you may have to suck some out. I'm talking one hour+ real world driving, preferably hi-way 70+ MPH.

A regular occ
You are spooky psychic sir! It did end up in the drain! Weird...
A regular day in the shop involves at some point pressing you face against the floor trying to see the vertical difference of that one missing nut or bolt that someone claims they didn't drop... and it often works, especially on those stupid painted floors with the flakes of color (just to camouflage anything you lose). My favorite is when the item shows up resting right behind a wheel (car or tool box), its amazing how hard those are to find.

Typical...
Dumbass "The whatsit is missing". Me "Where did you drop it?". DA ""I didn't drop it". "Me "Its not in the engine, is it?" DA "How could that happen? I'm working under the car." Me "I have faith in your abilities." DA "You're a @#$hole." Me "Yes, did you put your face to the floor?" DA "That's stupid" Me (face to the floor) "There it is 4 bays down, next time watch where it goes when you drop it." DA "I didn't drop it"...

BTW thanks to this forum for the tip on the steel A518 46RH gasket versus cork. Worked so much better!
Hi sir:

I'm the member with a 77 Newport with a 400 engine. I mused on a separate thread the other day about getting my transmission serviced. It works fine but I am unsure of its service history. I was advised to seek out the the advice of local (Maryland) Momar clubs to find a transmission shop to change the fluid, filter and possibly adjust the bands.

Anyway, your comment above regarding the best gasket caught my attention. But when I google that part number.....a518 46h.....most/all of the hits speak of a cork gasket. Yet you say steel above. Am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi sir:

I'm the member with a 77 Newport with a 400 engine. I mused on a separate thread the other day about getting my transmission serviced. It works fine but I am unsure of its service history. I was advised to seek out the the advice of local (Maryland) Momar clubs to find a transmission shop to change the fluid, filter and possibly adjust the bands.

Anyway, your comment above regarding the best gasket caught my attention. But when I google that part number.....a518 46h.....most/all of the hits speak of a cork gasket. Yet you say steel above. Am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help.

Check your local Dodge Dealer for part # 2464324AC
It may change up but it is the heavy duty rubber/metal gasket you are after. It also works on 48RE A618 Dodge transmissions

MOPAR 2464324AC Oil Pan Gasket | RockAuto

Check your local Dodge Dealer for part # 2464324AC
It may change up but it is the heavy duty rubber/metal gasket you are after. It also works on 48RE A618 Dodge transmissions

MOPAR 2464324AC Oil Pan Gasket | RockAuto
I can't resist asking your another question-- you seem to be the master of these cars.

My mechanic said my motor mounts seemed weak. What do I do with that information? How can you tell if they are weak? How can they be replaced? Who has the parts? She seems to run just fine. I would put this on a general thread, but I did that before and no one answered. Thanks for your consideration. 77 Newport with a 400.

I can't resist asking your another question-- you seem to be the master of these cars.

My mechanic said my motor mounts seemed weak. What do I do with that information? How can you tell if they are weak? How can they be replaced? Who has the parts? She seems to run just fine. I would put this on a general thread, but I did that before and no one answered. Thanks for your consideration. 77 Newport with a 400.

Weak motor mounts seems to be a fairly generic description. I would ask exactly what is weak. The mounting surface to the frame or to the block. If there is excessive play due to deteriation of the pad then id just drive it. If there is cracking or other stress related problems then replace them.

Weak motor mounts seems to be a fairly generic description. I would ask exactly what is weak. The mounting surface to the frame or to the block. If there is excessive play due to deteriation of the pad then id just drive it. If there is cracking or other stress related problems then replace them.
Last question: Where can I source the mounts if they need to be replaced?

Last question: Where can I source the mounts if they need to be replaced?

Summit Racing has them fairly cheap but even your local Napa should be able to source them. They haven't changed design much over the years.

Back