Barn Finds: '78 Chrysler New Yorker FS, 16k miles $19k

IF the car is as described is it overpriced and if so how much. IMHO its worth 15k, maybe more. Is this car worth more than is my St Regis Coupe worth then only $3500?

The market on New Yorker 4Drs has been weak for some time and appears to be stuck in a slight downward trend. This particular car is a nice looker. This car as a "barn find" may have a lot wrong with it the the eye can not see. Are there critter nests in the Heater/AC box, Headliner, under the seats etc? We do not know. As noted the brakes, hoses, fuel system and A/C are all going to need some expensive repairs. I priced it at $6k, that is admittedly a conservative number, but not enough information about the car is provided to move my thinking. Very low mileage cars that have spent most of their life sitting in a barn are usually going to turn out to be a money pit.

In the final analysis, this car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. As long as a buyer realizes the risk associated with this "barn find", it could turn out to be pleasant acquisition so long as there are no plans to try and recover the cost.

Dave

Pete: I think your '78 is worth way more than $3500....according to the exterior pic's I've seen. This "Cadet Blue" 4 door is way, way, way over priced. But hey it's a free country so....

Back