Battery cable and washer hose hold downs

darth_linux

Reaction score
OK I know somebody posted a source for these little things from somewhere, but I don’t remember what they’re called, who it was, or where to get them. Please post a link if you know.

6C42C8A5-0FB5-4E16-BCC1-1C777507D4BE.jpeg

I’m finding some from those two places that are close, but not quite right. The ones on my 66 are raised in the center section, not just flat and straight across.

The '65-'66 black ones are correct for the car. As mentioned, the ones with the peaks are for '69+ cars. Even some WHITE ones, too! Most of what's out there in the resto market are usually B-body items, unfortunately. They might fit if they are wide enough between the holes.

The fuselage items might well work, but they look out of place to me, on a non-Fuselage car. BTAIM

Just some observations,
CBODY67

the b body ones look right but are not long enough...c body holes are further apart

The ONLY correct ones that fit and look right are the ones made originally by Gary Goers, and now Quirey Quality Design - they bought the Goers catalogue. He's a member here:

@QQE

Yes. Check with Query. I bought several from them for my '66 300 a year ago. They are new-manufacture and are much better than those originally supplied by Gary Goers.

i dont know about pictures but i know the b body ones i bought 20+ years ago from Year One and still own didn't fit...the later ones with the extra humps fit but dont look right...thats on a 68, cant swear to a 65 but iirc some of the junkyard ones i scrounged came from a 65...

Last edited:
The ONLY correct ones that fit and look right are the ones made originally by Gary Goers, and now Quirey Quality Design - they bought the Goers catalogue. He's a member here:

@QQE
Correct as far as I know. I have some and they are a little fat in the pin area so getting them in the hole I found to be a little challenging.

@QQE
Actually, the more I think about it, I believe the strap was made from an original I provided to Richard O'Shields (works closely with Quirey).

Back