Battery cables

1bad300

Reaction score
I am looking for factory positive and negative battery cables for a 69 Chrysler 300. By chance are they the same as the 68

They are not the same as '68. I believe that they are the same as '70 - '71. Reproduction Negative cables are easy to find. I may have an extra set of reproduction positive battery cables. I will try to remember to check.

Bill

i would appreciate that! The previous owners put one on from Autozone that had 3 leads off the positive side.

I ordered the positive and negitive from them plus a custom harness. Very happy with their work as are others on this site.

for a 69 C body? I called today and he said they only have positive cable for Chrysler 440's built may 69 or later. I don't know what the difference before then is?

for a 69 C body? I called today and he said they only have positive cable for Chrysler 440's built may 69 or later. I don't know what the difference before then is?
I am in the process of changing the fusible link location on my 66 300. I sent him one I got that fit my car fine. I am using the complete 1969 cables from the battery to the starter relay stud. I believe the later 1969 cable is longer for more clearance around the exhaust manifold. Best way is to measure the cable from the starter to the battery. They do make ALL their cables special order.

I am in the process of changing the fusible link location on my 66 300. I sent him one I got that fit my car fine. I am using the complete 1969 cables from the battery to the starter relay stud. I believe the later 1969 cable is longer for more clearance around the exhaust manifold. Best way is to measure the cable from the starter to the battery. They do make ALL their cables special order.
Again, Darrin worked fantastic with me during four phone calls to get it right.

i understand what your saying. I'm just doing this blind. The way I got the car was some autozone positive lead on it. I want it back to how it should be. Locating what should be on there is my problem. Lots of things I don't know about the car...

i understand what your saying. I'm just doing this blind. The way I got the car was some autozone positive lead on it. I want it back to how it should be. Locating what should be on there is my problem. Lots of things I don't know about the car...
Make sure the cable is far enough away from the manifold, and runs down the channel on the fenderwell. Take that measurement and call them back. They have all the specifications from the blueprints from Chrysler. Again they are one company that will work with you, and not rape you in the process.

The cable on my 70 runs along the fenderwell all the way back to the firewall, over the brake booster and down to the starter. It is long.. IIIRC, it's about 5 feet.

I went with an aftermarket. Aside from the yellow crimp on connector for the 12 gauge wire, it looks OK. A piece of red heat shrink could camouflage it nicely. If you really need it to be "show quality", then have one made. $15 v. $100+.

Back