Big Block Oil Pan Baffles

TroyCo

Reaction score
Hey All,

Does anyone have, or know where one can find a template for making an oil pan baffle for a stock 699 or similar pan? I'm sure I can make my own from scratch, but I would rather use a template for expediency.

I run the 440 source baffle in my stock 66 new yorker pan, it required minor trimming. It is a Well made in usa part.

MEV !
I have Searched All through the 440 Source Site for the Baffle you Mention, to No Avail.
Would you Possibly have the Part Number?
TIA
Regards, Tony.M

Thanks,
Now All I have to do is Figure out if it will Clear RHD Steering Componentry.
Oh the intricacies of being a Mopar Freak! LOL
Once Again Thanks,
Tony.M

127-1002. I may be telling you a lie, a baffle, to my thinking, slows the oil from sloshing around. This windage tray keeps the oil from flying around the oil pan and covering the crankshaft counterweights. I think i read your original post incorrectly and thought you were refering to a windage tray, not a baffle.

I've never seen a template for making the baffles, but I have seen several different versions of the baffles. I would just try to copy the one you want.

I've seen a few of these.

1644855435818.png

Then there's this style and I think would be harder to make.

1644855492011.png

Another style, probably the easiest to copy and will do the job.

1644855584313.png

G'Day Fellas,
Thanks for All the Info!
My Main Concern was to do with Oil Sloshing about under Acceleration.
Back in "75" My First 69 Phoenix H/T had a Painful Habit of Suffering from Oil Starvation Under Hard Acceleration.
Lots of Fun for the First Hundred Yards But Then the Oil Light would Light Up Like a Anti-Aircraft Search Light.
In those First Few Seconds You Had Already Blown the 350 4 Spd GM Panel Van Away.
But It Sort of Took All the Fun Out of the Situation When You Had to Back off in a Big Hurry. LOL
Once Again, Thanks.
Regards Tony.M

Simple baffles like the ones in Big John's bottom picture are easy to make from some sheet steel and snips. Tack them in leaving room for last drain back but not so much that oil gushes rearward or forward quickly.

I have one like the middle picture, factory, and not a lot went into it. Three or four tacks hold it in place.

I have one like the middle picture, factory, and not a lot went into it. Three or four tacks hold it in place.
I have one like the bottom one came with the engine out of a 74 Fury 400-2bbl. Meanwhile my stock 70 383 HP has no nothing and holds a quart less.

So, here's what I came up with.

20220216_173357.jpg
20220216_184349.jpg
20220216_184411.jpg
20220216_184417.jpg

I haven't tacked it in yet. I'll spend some more time tomorrow on shaping the drain back notches a little more.

Back